Aside from the complete lack of any helpful instructions supplied by Antec, I found the Skeleton a pleasure to work with. I would, however, like to address the issues at this point. The motherboard tray when it works correctly is smooth as silk, but I did find it to bind occasionally, making sliding the tray out a frustrating task at times. The front I/O panel wiring, in my opinion, is just too short. I prefer a clean looking system as well and Antec thought of keeping everything else clean aside from this. My last complaint is the lack of headroom to allow for some of the more prevalent coolers buyers are using these days.
With my issues addressed I can now move on to what the Skeleton offers the end user. This open air concept is a bit more of a hassle to deal with than a tech station, but a ton more accessible than a standard case; but neither offers the uniqueness of the Skeleton. With my limited time in testing the Skeleton, I did find that while running stock my Northbridge and PWM temps were down three degrees from their average. I can only attribute this to the power of the 250mm Tri-Cool fan running at full power. The noise of the Skeleton at full power is a lot less of the noise I was accustomed to hearing in my 900 from Antec. No real surprise there to me, though; usually with bigger fans comes less noise as they don't cut the air in the same fashion as their smaller brothers.
I've had quite a few cases run across my camera's lens in the past few reviews and most of them fall into the range of just over $100. Most of those are square, black and with a lot of the same old, same old. Antec has taken quite a step in thinking outside the box with the Skeleton and offers all the goodness of a full enclosure, with almost all the benefits of a tech station. While offering all these features to the customer, I have to say the asking price of $149.99 at Newegg is right on the mark given what it has to offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Antec Skeleton Open Air Case]
- Page 5 [Inside the Antec Skeleton Open Air Case]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build]
- Page 8 [Fit and Finish]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series