Getting past the package and moving onto the box, we can see that ASUS has mixed it up with the cooler. This isn't much of a surprise since we did see that this was mentioned on the front of the box.
Across the top of the card we can see four heat pipes while the base and the sides offer us a large amount of aluminum fins. The whole cooler is black and looks great against the blue PCB. Since there isn't a cover or anything on the fan, it feels a bit weird handling the card as you feel you have to be a bit more careful; but with most people simply installing it into their system and no longer worrying about it, this shouldn't be a problem.
Looking around the card there isn't anything out of the ordinary. With that said, though, the placement of the two 6-Pin PCI Express power connectors are slightly different than what we're used to seeing.
We can also see that ASUS has opted to use a bracket across the top of the card. Apart from looking cool this just prevents the card from bending. Down towards the front of the card we can also see the two SLI connectors.
While it doesn't look like it, the card is a dual slot one as we can see here. Also present is our standard TV-OUT port along with two Dual-Link DVI ports. We can see that a yellow one is here; this particular one can be used with the HDMI convertor in the package.
As we mentioned earlier, there are two versions of the Dark Knight GTS 250; the TOP version which is the overclocked one and the standard model which is the one we have here today.
As we can see above, we have a 740MHz core which is actually 2MHz up on the stock 738MHz and just rounds the number off. We can see the shader clock comes in at 1836MHz and the 512MB of GDDR3 carries the stock 2200MHz DDR clock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]