At the event to introduce the V10 smartphone, LG Electronics (LG) provided a sneak peek of the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition, the first Android Wear device to feature cellular connectivity. With the option to connect via 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, LG's newest wearable device works seamlessly with Android smartphones or can go it alone, when carrying a smartphone isn't practical or convenient. Cellular enabled features will vary across Android and iOS.
The latest LG Watch Urbane delivers the highest resolution display of any smartwatch currently on the market today. With a resolution of 480 x 480, the new LG Watch Urbane delivers 348ppi on its 1.38-inch full circle P-OLED display. With a diameter of 44.5mm, the smartwatch resembles a classic timepiece with its hairline-etched stainless steel body and durable hypoallergenic TPSiV elastomer band. And to live up to the original LG Watch Urbane's great battery life, the 2nd Edition features a high-capacity 570mAh battery and Power Saving Mode to last throughout the day and more.
Three buttons adorn the right side of the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition to provide quick access to shortcut settings such as contacts, LG Health and apps list. Ambient mode can now be enabled or disabled with a simple press of the crown button. In addition to the 16 included watch faces, fitness-related features such as heart rate tracking, workout tips and stress level monitoring are also offered.
"The wearable sector continues to evolve and we're playing an active role in that by bringing to market various devices that appeal to various consumers," said Juno Cho, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "At LG, we don't think there is a one-size-fits-all wearable device. This second edition of our Watch Urbane aims to be a must-have smart device for active individuals who want to stay connected to the world, whether they're at work, at home or on the tennis court."
The LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition will be available first in the United States and Korea, followed by markets in Europe, CIS, Asia and the Middle East. Details including price and date of availability will be announced locally at a later date. To see the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition in action, go to:
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Operating System: Android Wear (Cell-connected Version)
- Display: 1.38-inch P-OLED Display (480 x 480 / 348ppi)
- Size: 44.5 x 14.2mm
- Memory: 4GB eMMC / 768MB LPDDR3
- Battery: 570mAh
- Network*: Bluetooth 4.1 / Wi-Fi / LTE / 3G
- Sensors: Accelerometer / Gyro / Compass / Barometer / PPG / GPS
- Color*: Space Black / Opal Blue / Luxe White / Signature Brown
- Other: Dust and Water Resistance (IP67)
* May vary depending on the market and operator.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada