TomTom (TOM2) has today launched the world's first NDS* powered navigation portal giving users access to fresher maps. This portal called "MyDrive" can be used to plan trips in advance, view the Traffic situation on the road and manage favorites - thus providing a seamless experience to end-users across their entire journey.
MyDrive uses TomTom Traffic, TomTom navigation software and TomTom global maps in NDS format, the innovative worldwide automotive map standard. This is another important milestone to realising real-time maps, a crucial component to enabling Highly Automated Driving cars in the future.
"We are on track with our ambition to become the leading provider of technologies for automated driving," said Jan-Maarten De Vries, VP Product Management, TomTom Automotive, "The launch of our MyDrive portal is another important step to fuel the inevitable spread of ADAS** which will later evolve into Highly Automated Driving".
The new portal is now live and publically available to all.
* Navigation Data Standard (NDS) is the open standard for automotive-grade maps, created by an association of car manufacturers, application developers and map and service providers, such as TomTom.
** Advanced Drivers Assistance Systems, or ADAS, are systems to help the driver in the driving process. When designed with a safe Human-Machine Interface, they should increase car safety and more generally road safety.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- AMD's new drivers add CrossFire support to RX Vega
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM