CoolIT Systems, Inc., the leading provider in Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC) solutions, today announced that it has been named as one of four 'Cool Vendors in Data Center Management, Power and Cooling' in a May 6, 2015 analyst report by Gartner, the world's leading information technology research and advisory company.
The report is part of an annual series of research reports, in which Gartner analyst's offer insight on a variety of innovative and impactful IT solutions and evaluate "Cool Vendors" in key areas of technology.
The 'Cool Vendors in Data Center Management, Power and Cooling' report "highlights four emerging vendors offering products designed to help infrastructure and operations leaders and data center managers to monitor, manage and control energy use and other critical data center resources."
Key report findings include:
- As energy demands and density continue to increase in the data center, infrastructure and operations (I&O) leaders and data center managers are looking for new solutions, such as liquid cooling systems, as options.
- Liquid cooling solutions are more cost-effective than traditional air cooling solutions as power-per-rack-density increases (beyond 20 kilowatts per rack, for example).
The Gartner report evaluated that "CoolIT Systems should be of interest to those who manage IT and/or facilities for high-performance computing environments and Web-scale data centers, especially customers with ambitions for higher heat densities."
"We consider our inclusion in Gartner's 'Cool Vendors' report a major confirmation of CoolIT's success in providing innovative and energy efficient solutions that address today's data center challenges," said Geoff Lyon, CoolIT Systems CEO & CTO. "This recognition from Gartner highlights the contributions CoolIT has been making to advance data center performance with Direct Contact Liquid Cooling technology."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit