CoolIT Systems, Inc., the leading provider in Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC) solutions, today announced that it has been named as one of four 'Cool Vendors in Data Center Management, Power and Cooling' in a May 6, 2015 analyst report by Gartner, the world's leading information technology research and advisory company.
The report is part of an annual series of research reports, in which Gartner analyst's offer insight on a variety of innovative and impactful IT solutions and evaluate "Cool Vendors" in key areas of technology.
The 'Cool Vendors in Data Center Management, Power and Cooling' report "highlights four emerging vendors offering products designed to help infrastructure and operations leaders and data center managers to monitor, manage and control energy use and other critical data center resources."
Key report findings include:
- As energy demands and density continue to increase in the data center, infrastructure and operations (I&O) leaders and data center managers are looking for new solutions, such as liquid cooling systems, as options.
- Liquid cooling solutions are more cost-effective than traditional air cooling solutions as power-per-rack-density increases (beyond 20 kilowatts per rack, for example).
The Gartner report evaluated that "CoolIT Systems should be of interest to those who manage IT and/or facilities for high-performance computing environments and Web-scale data centers, especially customers with ambitions for higher heat densities."
"We consider our inclusion in Gartner's 'Cool Vendors' report a major confirmation of CoolIT's success in providing innovative and energy efficient solutions that address today's data center challenges," said Geoff Lyon, CoolIT Systems CEO & CTO. "This recognition from Gartner highlights the contributions CoolIT has been making to advance data center performance with Direct Contact Liquid Cooling technology."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card