QNAP Systems, Inc. today announced the release of the business-class TS-x53U Turbo NAS series with a quad-core processor, four LAN ports, and the cost-efficient expansion enclosures that enable easy capacity expansion.
Available in 4, 8, and 12-bay models with single and redundant power supply options, the high-performance rackmount TS-x53U series is designed to grow with businesses while providing highly-demanded features including full NAS encryption, scale-up support, virtualization readiness, central management of multiple Turbo NAS, QvPC Technology, hardware transcoding technology for seamless business video presentations & management, and much more.
The TS-x53U series features an energy-efficient quad-core Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz processor (with up to 2.41GHz burst speed), 4GB DDR3L RAM (expandable to 8GB), four Gigabit LAN ports that provide up to 400 MB/s throughput, and scale-up support to meet the growing data needs of small and medium-sized businesses. "The TS-x53U series is designed for versatile business applications with scalability while providing full NAS encryption technology for enhanced data security," said Jason Hsu, product manager of QNAP.
Today's businesses are demanding economical solutions that provide flexible storage scalability for rapid data growth. The TS-x53U series' scalable design supports online capacity expansion by connecting a QNAP expansion enclosure (the 12-bay UX-1200U-RP or the 8-bay UX-800U-RP) to provide a total capacity of up to 192TB (TS-1253U-RP + UX-1200U-RP).
With Q'center, available from the QTS App Center, the TS-x53U series can empower administrators to centrally manage multiple Turbo NAS units in different locations, monitor system logs, set up firmware updates and more. Alongside this administrator-friendly design, the TS-x53U series further offers advantages including easy installation, affordability, convenience and flexibility.
QNAP's exclusive QvPC Technology allows users to operate the TS-x53U by plugging in a keyboard, mouse and HDMI monitor. Users can directly manage NAS settings, access stored data on the NAS, run multiple applications using Windows/Linux/UNIX/Android-based virtual machines created by the Virtualization Station, surf the web on Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, watch 1080p videos with XBMC, monitor surveillance live feeds from IP cameras, and much more.
Even with this high scalability and performance, administrating the TS-x53U series is effortless with QNAP's QTS operating system. With an intuitive user interface, users can easily find desired functions, monitor system information and run multiple tasks simultaneously. QTS offers a full range of applications for business use, including file management, sharing, backup, synchronization, virtualization applications and more.
The TS-x53U series comes with a variety of business applications, ideal for SMBs to build a secure private cloud. It supports VMware, Microsoft and Citrix virtualization solutions to simplify virtual storage management. The cross-platform file sharing for Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX users makes the new series a useful centralized storage. The support for Windows AD, LDAP directory services and Windows ACL improves the efficiency of permission settings.
The TS-x53U can also act as a domain controller for Windows, and offers flexible backup solutions for Windows and Mac users and disaster recovery solutions including RTRR, rsync and cloud storage backup. The Surveillance Station provides a professional network surveillance video management system supporting real-time monitoring, video & audio recording and playback, and offers 2 free IP camera channels with expandability by purchasing additional licenses.
Key specs of new models
Redundant power supply:
- TS-453U-RP: 4-bay rackmount model
- TS-853U-RP: 8-bay rackmount model
- TS-1253U-RP: 12-bay rackmount model
Single power supply:
- TS-453U: 4-bay rackmount model
- TS-853U: 8-bay rackmount model
- TS-1253U: 12-bay rackmount model
- Quad-core Intel Celeron 2.0GHz processor (burst up to 2.41GHz) with Virtualization Technology (VT-x), 4GB DDR3L RAM (expandable to 8GB); 2.5"/3.5" SATA 6Gbps HDD/SSD, hard drives hot-swappable; 4 x USB 3.0; 1 x USB 2.0 (TS-453U-RP & TS-453U only); 4 x Gigabit LAN ports; 1 x HDMI
The new TS-x53U Turbo NAS series and UX-1200U-RP & UX-800U-RP expansion enclosures are now available.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 gets Vegeta Super Saiyan Blue as DLC
- Agony spin-off title 'Succubus' gets raunchy selfie trailer
- Apex Legends has damageable dragons, incoming world event?
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night releases out of nowhere
- Nintendo Switch Mini accessories leaked by Chinese company
- Phison PS5016-E16 PCIe 4.0 SSD First Look Preview
- Update Intel RAID ROM - How to do it?
- Memblaze PBlaze5 C916 and D916 Enterprise SSD Review
- ASUS AX92U Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Review
- motherboard the turbo frequency varies permanently
- Pinball wizards rejoice! Marvelous Europe adds a juicy twist to the pinball game format in SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball
- Dark Quest 2 Now Available on iOS and Android
- Novigrad is GWENT's second expansion. Pre-order offer now available!
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - World Tour Returns For A Second Round in 2019/2020
- Jurassic World Evolution: Claire's Sanctuary available now on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One