ESL sets its sights on mobile app development with release of first official event app, available for download on both iOS and Android phones. The official ESL Katowice app, developed by ESL Technology, provides live match updates, hall plans and team information for all esports action at the Intel Extreme Masters Expo, along with enabling Counter-Strike: Global Offensive item drops for all event visitors.
This development marks the first time in Counter-Strike history that event visitors will receive item drops through an official event app. In order to be eligible, visitors must "check-in" at the venue once a day with geo-locations enabled on their devices. "When we create live events, we want to give our fans the best experience they can get," said Ulrich Schulze, Managing Director of Pro Gaming at ESL. "With the introduction of the app, all of them now have the same chance to receive item drops as those watching online, and that is on top of the incredible atmosphere at the venue."
"The ESL Katowice event app is the first in a row of mobile applications that we have planned for the company," said John Minah, Vice President Online & Mobile at ESL. "We're looking to ensure that event apps become a staple for major ESL competitions and aim to continually add to the functionality and versatility of the applications."
Competition for both Intel Extreme Masters and ESL One will be held in the Spodek Arena and adjoining Exhibition Hall from March 12-15 in Katowice, Poland. Featuring world class matches between the world's best StarCraft II, League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Hearthstone® players, the app will provide an overview for all of the action.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit