Shuttle today rolls out its new All-in-One PC Barebone X50V4. Passive cooling promises whisper-quiet operation with lower maintenance requirements, a frugal Intel Celeron processor ensures even better performance. Now entering the fourth generation since its original launch in 2009, Shuttle's X50 All-in-One PC series features the proven 15.6 inch (39.6 cm) format, which is especially requested by the B2B sector of the market. As well as offering maximum expandability, it is also particularly quiet and durable thanks to the machine's fanless design.
In contrast to its Atom-based predecessor models, the X50V4 now comes fitted with an Intel Celeron 2957U dual-core processor clocked at 1.4 GHz per core. The processor cores are extremely frugal with a thermal design power of just 15 W. With a depth of 42 mm, the case provides space for a 2.5" hard disk or SSD and an mSATA module, and is for the first time able to accommodate up to 8 GB of DDR3L SO-DIMM memory. With a suitable SSD installed, the X50V4 is approved for continuous operation.
All standard connectors are provided on the underside of the case, e.g. 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, 1x Gigabit Ethernet, VGA, HDMI as well as headphone and microphone jacks. A practical 2 Megapixel webcam, integrated stereo speakers, WLAN, card reader and a stand, which can be turned into a carrying handle, are also present. The standard VESA mounting interface allows the machine to be fitted to monitor arms and wall mounts for freely suspended use.
If required, up to four serial interfaces as well as 1x LPT and 1x DIO/RJ11 ports can be added to the rear side of the X50V4, which make it particularly attractive for vertical applications. But it's not just internally that a lot has happened - the IP54-compliant front panel of the touchscreen provides protection from dust and splashing of water making the X50V4 additionally resistant to external factors.
"With the X50V4 we are again underscoring our ambition to attract new customers in vertical application markets. With our latest All-in-One PC Barebone we have created the ideal basis for compact, energy-saving solutions in the POI area, as a service terminal or as a till system at the POS," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "Use as a flexible second home PC is also a possibility."
The new Shuttle All-in-One PC Barebone X50V4 is available in black or white and is on sale at specialist retailers Europe-wide as of now. Shuttle's recommended retail price for either model is EUR 292.00 (ex VAT). Turnkey complete systems based on the X50V4 with Windows, Linux or without operating system will be available shortly.
Optional accessories include the POS01 and PCL71 (COM/LPT adapters) and the PF55 (carrying bag).
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower