ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced the Swift PG278Q Gaming Monitor, a 27-inch WQHD display with a 144 Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time to cater to the graphical requirements of today's fast paced games. It boasts gamer-centric features for a better gameplay experience, NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology for smooth, fluid visuals, as well as exquisite and ergonomic design touches.
The world's first and only WQHD G-SYNC fast gaming monitor
Designed especially for gamers, the ROG Swift PG278Q Gaming Monitor features a 27-inch WQHD 2560 x 1440 panel with a pixel density of 109 pixels per inch (PPI). The use of a WQHD panel gives it four times (4X) the resolution of 720p for sharper images, and provides 77% more screen workspace than similarly-sized 1080p displays.
The PG278Q is ideal for today's fast-paced games and delivers fluid visuals thanks to a 144 Hz refresh rate and rapid 1 ms response time. Users have the option of selecting their preferred refresh rates, with the exclusive Turbo key for one-click switching between 60 Hz, 120 Hz or 144 Hz display modes.
The PG278Q has built-in NVIDIA G-SYNC technology to deliver the smoothest, fastest and most breathtaking gaming visuals imaginable. G-SYNC synchronizes the display's refresh rate to the GPU in a NVIDIA GeForce GTX-powered PC, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag.
ASUS-exclusive gameplay features and advanced connectivity
The ROG Swift PG278Q Gaming Monitor features the ASUS-exclusive GamePlus hotkey with crosshair overlay and timer functions. The former gives gamers a choice of four different crosshairs to suit their gaming environment, while the latter provides an on-screen timer to help keep track of spawn and build times. An intuitive 5-way navigation joystick provides quick and easy access to OSD settings, allowing users to switch display parameters with a flick of a finger. The PG278Q is designed for marathon gaming sessions, with a smart air vent design that aids in dissipating heat to keep things cool, even after hours of use.
The ROG Swift PG278Q Gaming Monitor includes DisplayPort 1.2 for native WQHD output and two USB 3.0 ports for convenient pass-through connectivity.
ROG-inspired, ergonomic design
Aesthetically, the ROG Swift PG278Q uses bold, precise lines to give it an air of durability and reliability. It features a base adorned with an intricate and enigmatic design that is fully-illuminated with a special LED Light-in-Motion feature.
The PG278Q features a slim profile and a super-narrow 6 mm bezel that make it ideal for almost-seamless multi-display setups. An ergonomically-designed stand with tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment gives users a comfortable and ideal viewing position for long marathon gaming sessions. A cable-management design feature found on the back of the monitor lets users keep their gaming rigs tidy and free from tangled wires.
AVAILABILITY & PRICING
ROG Swift PG278Q Ultimate Gaming Monitor is now available in Taiwan, as well as the Asia Pacific and European markets. It will be available in China in mid-August and North America by end of August, 2014. Prices start from US$799 and will vary by region.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit