ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced the Swift PG278Q Gaming Monitor, a 27-inch WQHD display with a 144 Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time to cater to the graphical requirements of today's fast paced games. It boasts gamer-centric features for a better gameplay experience, NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology for smooth, fluid visuals, as well as exquisite and ergonomic design touches.
The world's first and only WQHD G-SYNC fast gaming monitor
Designed especially for gamers, the ROG Swift PG278Q Gaming Monitor features a 27-inch WQHD 2560 x 1440 panel with a pixel density of 109 pixels per inch (PPI). The use of a WQHD panel gives it four times (4X) the resolution of 720p for sharper images, and provides 77% more screen workspace than similarly-sized 1080p displays.
The PG278Q is ideal for today's fast-paced games and delivers fluid visuals thanks to a 144 Hz refresh rate and rapid 1 ms response time. Users have the option of selecting their preferred refresh rates, with the exclusive Turbo key for one-click switching between 60 Hz, 120 Hz or 144 Hz display modes.
The PG278Q has built-in NVIDIA G-SYNC technology to deliver the smoothest, fastest and most breathtaking gaming visuals imaginable. G-SYNC synchronizes the display's refresh rate to the GPU in a NVIDIA GeForce GTX-powered PC, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag.
ASUS-exclusive gameplay features and advanced connectivity
The ROG Swift PG278Q Gaming Monitor features the ASUS-exclusive GamePlus hotkey with crosshair overlay and timer functions. The former gives gamers a choice of four different crosshairs to suit their gaming environment, while the latter provides an on-screen timer to help keep track of spawn and build times. An intuitive 5-way navigation joystick provides quick and easy access to OSD settings, allowing users to switch display parameters with a flick of a finger. The PG278Q is designed for marathon gaming sessions, with a smart air vent design that aids in dissipating heat to keep things cool, even after hours of use.
The ROG Swift PG278Q Gaming Monitor includes DisplayPort 1.2 for native WQHD output and two USB 3.0 ports for convenient pass-through connectivity.
ROG-inspired, ergonomic design
Aesthetically, the ROG Swift PG278Q uses bold, precise lines to give it an air of durability and reliability. It features a base adorned with an intricate and enigmatic design that is fully-illuminated with a special LED Light-in-Motion feature.
The PG278Q features a slim profile and a super-narrow 6 mm bezel that make it ideal for almost-seamless multi-display setups. An ergonomically-designed stand with tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment gives users a comfortable and ideal viewing position for long marathon gaming sessions. A cable-management design feature found on the back of the monitor lets users keep their gaming rigs tidy and free from tangled wires.
AVAILABILITY & PRICING
ROG Swift PG278Q Ultimate Gaming Monitor is now available in Taiwan, as well as the Asia Pacific and European markets. It will be available in China in mid-August and North America by end of August, 2014. Prices start from US$799 and will vary by region.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard