SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash memory storage solutions today announced that it has expanded its capital return program with the initiation of a quarterly dividend and the authorization of $2.5 billion of additional stock repurchases. The company will complete part of this stock repurchase through a $1.0 billion Accelerated Share Repurchase ("ASR") agreement, which was entered into today.
The SanDisk Board of Directors has approved the initiation of a quarterly cash dividend of $0.225 per share of common stock, equivalent to an annual yield of approximately 1.6% based on the July 31, 2013 closing price of $55.12. On an annualized basis, this will return approximately $220 million to stockholders based on shares outstanding as of June 30, 2013. The first dividend payment will be made on August 30, 2013 to holders of record on August 12, 2013. Future dividend payments are subject to review and approval by the Board.
As of today, the company has entered into a $1.0 billion ASR agreement with a financial institution. Under the terms of the ASR, SanDisk will receive during the third fiscal quarter of 2013 an initial delivery of approximately 14.5 million shares based on current market prices. The final number of shares to be repurchased will be based on SanDisk's volume-weighted average stock price during the term of the agreement, which is expected to be completed no later than April 8, 2014.
The $2.5 billion of stock repurchase authorization brings the total amount authorized for stock repurchases to $3.75 billion. Approximately $2.1 billion remains available for repurchase following the execution of the $1.0 billion ASR agreement, year-to-date purchases of approximately $435 million and prior years' purchases.
"Today's announcements underscore our confidence in the company's business and our commitment to share our success with our shareholders," said Sanjay Mehrotra, president and chief executive officer of SanDisk. "The dividend provides immediate and ongoing returns to our shareholders, and we believe that utilizing our cash for share repurchases will add significantly to long-term shareholder value."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series