WD, a Western Digital company, and a world leader in storage solutions for the connected life, today unveiled WD SmartWare Pro, an easy-to-use software tool that gives customers the power to back up their files to any USB external hard drive or the cloud using their personal Dropbox. Additionally, in the event that a file is deleted, lost, or a previous version of a file is needed, WD SmartWare Pro makes it easy to quickly restore and retrieve backed-up data.
WD SmartWare Pro is simple to set up with an intuitive installation interface that lets customers get up and running in just a few simple clicks. Once the software is setup and the drives are connected, WD SmartWare Pro visually presents customers' files and folders in a control center where they can manage multiple external hard drives and their Dropbox account. WD SmartWare Pro is compatible with WD products such as My Passport and WD Elements portable hard drives, as well as external USB drives from other manufacturers. Additionally, WD SmartWare Pro works seamlessly with WD network attached storage drives such as My Book Live.
The software has two easy-to-use backup settings, allowing customers to set up their preferred file backup process. The "continuous backup" setting sets up an automatic, continuous backup that works quietly in the background so that whenever a customer adds or changes a file it is instantly backed up on the external drive. The "scheduled backup" setting allows customers to set up a regular pre-programmed backup schedule, including an hourly, daily or monthly setting for easy backup to their external drive or Dropbox. With WD SmartWare Pro customers can also back up files located in their Dropbox to an external hard drive.
File restoration and retrieval is quick and easy with WD SmartWare Pro. If customers accidentally delete an important file or need to get an earlier version of a file, WD SmartWare Pro helps customers retrieve the file in seconds with the easy-to-use "retrieve interface" and the software can be configured to save up to 25 older versions of a file. Customers can navigate the retrieve interface to restore all the backed up files or select a particular file or folder to restore.
"The growth of digital content has continued to increase exponentially and our goal is to provide a simple and comprehensive way to ensure peace of mind that all of our content is safely backed up," said Jody Bradshaw , general manager of WD's consumer storage solutions. "WD SmartWare Pro not only accomplishes secure backup of important photos, videos and files, but ultimately makes it easier to preserve precious digital memories."
Price and Availability
WD SmartWare Pro is currently available as a free 30-day trial at https://www.wdstore.com. After the 30-day trial a standard license, valid for use with up to three computers, is available for a special promotional price of $19.95 US. A premium license, valid for use with up to ten computers, is available for a special promotional price of $39.95 US. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $29.95 US for the standard license and $49.95 US for the premium license.
Latest News Posts
- Endgame Gear's new XM1: the world's fastest gaming mouse
- Valve working on codename Citadal, is this Half-Life 3?!
- MSI launching 8 different custom Radeon RX 5700 series cards
- Cats movie trailer: the worst looking movie EVER?!
- ASRock unveils custom Radeon RX 5700 XT Challenger series
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Royale Pass Season 8 And More Graces PUBG Mobile's Battlefield In Time For New Version Update
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall Retail Versions Now Available for Pre-Order
- Night Call - A Noire Novella Investigative Game - Out Now on Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC
- Edge of Eternity gets third chapter 'The Reunion' in major update today
- Asmodee Digital Kicks Off Early Access for Gloomhaven With a Brand New Launch Trailer