STEVEN CAMPBELL JOINS HITACHI GLOBAL STORAGE TECHNOLOGIES
30 Year Data Storage Leader Becomes Worldwide Chief Technology Officer
HONG KONG - Jan. 20, 2009 - Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST) today announced the appointment of Steven Campbell to the position of Chief Technology Officer. In his new role, Steven will have global responsibility for all aspects of the company's product development and technical vision. As the top technology executive for Hitachi GST, Steven will play a strategic role in the company's future direction and business growth.
"Steven Campbell is an outstanding addition to our senior management team," said Hiroaki Nakanishi, chief executive officer, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies. Steven's proven track record combined with his leadership experience, technology background and passion for excellence will deliver extraordinary value to our customers worldwide."
Steven has 30 years of experience in the electronics and data storage industry, having served in senior executive roles at Western Digital Corporation and technology management roles at Quantum and Hewlett-Packard. Most recently he was Chief Executive Officer of Singapore listed Innotek Limited and Innotek's subsidiary Magnecomp Precision Technology, a strategic component supplier to major hard drive companies. His experience at Western Digital included serving as General Manager of the Desktop Solutions Line of Business, Senior Vice President of Engineering, Vice President of New Product Introduction and Chief Quality Officer. He will be based at Hitachi's San Jose, California headquarters.
About Hitachi Global Storage Technologies
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST) develops advanced hard disk drives and Enterprise-class solid state drives used to store and preserve the world's most valued data. Founded by the pioneers of hard drives, Hitachi GST provides high-value storage for a broad range of market segments, including Enterprise, Desktop, Mobile Computing and Consumer Electronics. Hitachi GST was established in 2003 and is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, please visit the company's website at https://www.hitachigst.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd., (NYSE: HIT / TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 390,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2007 (ended March 31, 2008) consolidated revenues totaled 11,226 billion yen ($112.3 billion). The company offers a wide range of systems, products and services in market sectors including information systems, electronic devices, power and industrial systems, consumer products, logistics, materials and financial services. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam