STEVEN CAMPBELL JOINS HITACHI GLOBAL STORAGE TECHNOLOGIES
30 Year Data Storage Leader Becomes Worldwide Chief Technology Officer
HONG KONG - Jan. 20, 2009 - Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST) today announced the appointment of Steven Campbell to the position of Chief Technology Officer. In his new role, Steven will have global responsibility for all aspects of the company's product development and technical vision. As the top technology executive for Hitachi GST, Steven will play a strategic role in the company's future direction and business growth.
"Steven Campbell is an outstanding addition to our senior management team," said Hiroaki Nakanishi, chief executive officer, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies. Steven's proven track record combined with his leadership experience, technology background and passion for excellence will deliver extraordinary value to our customers worldwide."
Steven has 30 years of experience in the electronics and data storage industry, having served in senior executive roles at Western Digital Corporation and technology management roles at Quantum and Hewlett-Packard. Most recently he was Chief Executive Officer of Singapore listed Innotek Limited and Innotek's subsidiary Magnecomp Precision Technology, a strategic component supplier to major hard drive companies. His experience at Western Digital included serving as General Manager of the Desktop Solutions Line of Business, Senior Vice President of Engineering, Vice President of New Product Introduction and Chief Quality Officer. He will be based at Hitachi's San Jose, California headquarters.
About Hitachi Global Storage Technologies
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST) develops advanced hard disk drives and Enterprise-class solid state drives used to store and preserve the world's most valued data. Founded by the pioneers of hard drives, Hitachi GST provides high-value storage for a broad range of market segments, including Enterprise, Desktop, Mobile Computing and Consumer Electronics. Hitachi GST was established in 2003 and is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, please visit the company's website at https://www.hitachigst.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd., (NYSE: HIT / TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 390,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2007 (ended March 31, 2008) consolidated revenues totaled 11,226 billion yen ($112.3 billion). The company offers a wide range of systems, products and services in market sectors including information systems, electronic devices, power and industrial systems, consumer products, logistics, materials and financial services. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
Latest News Posts
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- Battlefront II microtransaction removal: 'no impact' to EA
- 4K 60FPS capture card handles Xbox One X, costs $400
- Legislators: Battlefront II is a Star Wars online casino
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ