STEVEN CAMPBELL JOINS HITACHI GLOBAL STORAGE TECHNOLOGIES
30 Year Data Storage Leader Becomes Worldwide Chief Technology Officer
HONG KONG - Jan. 20, 2009 - Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST) today announced the appointment of Steven Campbell to the position of Chief Technology Officer. In his new role, Steven will have global responsibility for all aspects of the company's product development and technical vision. As the top technology executive for Hitachi GST, Steven will play a strategic role in the company's future direction and business growth.
"Steven Campbell is an outstanding addition to our senior management team," said Hiroaki Nakanishi, chief executive officer, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies. Steven's proven track record combined with his leadership experience, technology background and passion for excellence will deliver extraordinary value to our customers worldwide."
Steven has 30 years of experience in the electronics and data storage industry, having served in senior executive roles at Western Digital Corporation and technology management roles at Quantum and Hewlett-Packard. Most recently he was Chief Executive Officer of Singapore listed Innotek Limited and Innotek's subsidiary Magnecomp Precision Technology, a strategic component supplier to major hard drive companies. His experience at Western Digital included serving as General Manager of the Desktop Solutions Line of Business, Senior Vice President of Engineering, Vice President of New Product Introduction and Chief Quality Officer. He will be based at Hitachi's San Jose, California headquarters.
About Hitachi Global Storage Technologies
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST) develops advanced hard disk drives and Enterprise-class solid state drives used to store and preserve the world's most valued data. Founded by the pioneers of hard drives, Hitachi GST provides high-value storage for a broad range of market segments, including Enterprise, Desktop, Mobile Computing and Consumer Electronics. Hitachi GST was established in 2003 and is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, please visit the company's website at https://www.hitachigst.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd., (NYSE: HIT / TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 390,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2007 (ended March 31, 2008) consolidated revenues totaled 11,226 billion yen ($112.3 billion). The company offers a wide range of systems, products and services in market sectors including information systems, electronic devices, power and industrial systems, consumer products, logistics, materials and financial services. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market