VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient computing platforms, today announced the VIA ARMOS-800, an ultra-compact, fanless system designed around the tiny VIA VAB-800 Pico-ITX board. The VIA ARMOS-800 provides embedded customers with a ruggedized system that delivers advanced multimedia features in an extremely power efficient design for a diversified range of embedded applications.
Featuring an 800MHz Freescale ARM Cortex-A8 SoC with two integrated GPUs for dual display support, the VIA ARMOS-800 is optimized for both performance and power to meet the high-end demands of advanced industrial and in-vehicle applications. Boasting a ruggedized, fanless system design with a wide operating temperature range from -40C up to 80C, the VIA ARMOS-800 delivers a typical power consumption of a mere 3.14W TDP.
"The VIA ARMOS-800 is the first ARM-based system in our ruggedized AMOS systems series," said Epan Wu, Head of the VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The high performance and ultra-low power consumption provides an exciting combination for a wide range of industrial embedded applications where robustness is critical."
The VIA AMOS-800 is specifically designed to support the VIA VAB-800 Pico-ITX board, which features an 800MHz Freescale ARM Cortex-A8 SoC, creating a completely fanless system within a robust chassis measuring 15cm x 4.6cm x 10.8cm (WxDxH). The VIA ARMOS-800 has a certified operating temperature range from -40C to 80C and offers ultra-low power consumption of only 3.14W TDP under typical operating conditions.
On-board storage includes 4GB of eMMC Flash and can be expanded with the MicroSD Card slot. Front I/O includes one COM, one DIO and one CAN port, as well as Line-in/out and Mic-in, while rear I/O includes, one VGA and one HDMI port, one 10/100 LAN port, and three USB 2.0 ports. An on-board USB pin-header can be utilized to support the optional VNT9271 Wi-Fi USB module.
For more information about the VIA ARMOS-800, please visit: this page.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 official PC system requirements revealed
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series