Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, today announced the next generation of its business-rugged notebook PC line, the Toughbook SX2.
With advanced features such as 14.5 hours of battery life, an Intel Core i5-3320M vPro processor (3 MB cache, up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology and a lightweight, drop-resistant magnesium alloy design, the Toughbook SX2 is engineered to meet the standards of quality for which Toughbook mobile computers are known while providing maximum portability for highly valued executives and professionals.
Panasonic Toughbook SX2: Key Features
- Leading battery life: Delivers 14.5 hours of continuous use depending on usage conditions (per MobileMark 2007 testing)
- Turbo-enhanced processor: Intel Core i5-3320M (3 MB cache, up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- 3.1 lb. magnesium alloy design, capable of withstanding a 30-inch drop to base while on/off and a 12-inch drop on all other faces when off
- HD+ 12.1-inch, 16:9 LED backlit display
- High-definition 720p webcam with built-in microphone
- USB 3.0 ports: Includes two backward-compatible USB 3.0 ports that allow file transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 ports
- Optical drive
- Approximately 33% slimmer than the previous Panasonic business-rugged model
For a full list of Toughbook SX2 specifications, visit http://www.Toughbook.com.
"Technology enables many professionals today to work from virtually anywhere, but this freedom creates a new set of issues when users are not equipped with the right tools for the job - device failures mean frustration, lost productivity and revenue, plus substantial repair and replacement costs," said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic Solutions for Business. "Like the other computers in our renowned Toughbook line, the Toughbook SX2 is engineered to provide the reliability high value professionals require with the portability they desire."
Business-Rugged Durability and Quality
The Toughbook SX2 is designed to withstand a highly mobile work environment. Its magnesium alloy case and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive allow it to handle up to a 30-inch drop to the base of the unit while operating, as well as a 12-inch drop from all other angles. Both the lid and base of the notebook are designed to withstand more than 220 lbs (100 kgf) of pressure, and the Toughbook SX2 also features LCD mounting protection.
Connectivity for a Life on the Road
The Toughbook SX2 allows workers to stay connected virtually all of the time with embedded wireless technologies including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Pricing and Availability
The Panasonic Toughbook SX2 is available later this month from authorized Panasonic resellers starting at $2649. The Toughbook SX2 includes a standard three-year limited warranty.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit