Panasonic, an industry leader in rugged, reliable mobile computers since 1996, today announced the next generation of its business-rugged notebook PC line, the Toughbook SX2.
With advanced features such as 14.5 hours of battery life, an Intel Core i5-3320M vPro processor (3 MB cache, up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology and a lightweight, drop-resistant magnesium alloy design, the Toughbook SX2 is engineered to meet the standards of quality for which Toughbook mobile computers are known while providing maximum portability for highly valued executives and professionals.
Panasonic Toughbook SX2: Key Features
- Leading battery life: Delivers 14.5 hours of continuous use depending on usage conditions (per MobileMark 2007 testing)
- Turbo-enhanced processor: Intel Core i5-3320M (3 MB cache, up to 3.3 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- 3.1 lb. magnesium alloy design, capable of withstanding a 30-inch drop to base while on/off and a 12-inch drop on all other faces when off
- HD+ 12.1-inch, 16:9 LED backlit display
- High-definition 720p webcam with built-in microphone
- USB 3.0 ports: Includes two backward-compatible USB 3.0 ports that allow file transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 ports
- Optical drive
- Approximately 33% slimmer than the previous Panasonic business-rugged model
For a full list of Toughbook SX2 specifications, visit http://www.Toughbook.com.
"Technology enables many professionals today to work from virtually anywhere, but this freedom creates a new set of issues when users are not equipped with the right tools for the job - device failures mean frustration, lost productivity and revenue, plus substantial repair and replacement costs," said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic Solutions for Business. "Like the other computers in our renowned Toughbook line, the Toughbook SX2 is engineered to provide the reliability high value professionals require with the portability they desire."
Business-Rugged Durability and Quality
The Toughbook SX2 is designed to withstand a highly mobile work environment. Its magnesium alloy case and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive allow it to handle up to a 30-inch drop to the base of the unit while operating, as well as a 12-inch drop from all other angles. Both the lid and base of the notebook are designed to withstand more than 220 lbs (100 kgf) of pressure, and the Toughbook SX2 also features LCD mounting protection.
Connectivity for a Life on the Road
The Toughbook SX2 allows workers to stay connected virtually all of the time with embedded wireless technologies including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Pricing and Availability
The Panasonic Toughbook SX2 is available later this month from authorized Panasonic resellers starting at $2649. The Toughbook SX2 includes a standard three-year limited warranty.
Latest News Posts
- Sources: Nintendo restricts review copies to curb leaks
- Dead Space 2 dev recounts harsh reality of game budgets
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz