DisplayLink, the world leading provider of solutions that simplify the connection between monitors and computing devices, and Kensington Computer Products Group, the technology division of ACCO Brands Corporation and a world leader in branded office products, today announced the launch of their latest generation of Universal Docking stations, powered by DisplayLink's SuperSpeed USB 3.0 graphics technology, which integrates Graphics, as well as Gigabit Ethernet and Audio.
USB 3.0 Docking Station with DVI/HDMI/VGA
Kensington today announced two new SuperSpeed USB3.0 docking stations including an Office Dock and a Home Dock. The Office Dock sd3500v provides the ultimate hot desk expansion and productivity solution with dual-head video support for HDMI and DVI/VGA displays, Gigabit Ethernet, up to 5.1 channel audio via HDMI, and USB3 and USB2 expansion ports, all powered by DisplayLink's highly integrated DL-3900 IC. The Home Dock sd3000v is the easiest and most efficient way to expand the home desktop with a single SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connection, notebook users get a DVI/VGA display connection, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, and USB3 and USB2 expansion ports, all enabled by DisplayLink's DL-3700 IC.
Both docks feature "hot plug" functionality for audio and video, automatically detecting and routing sound and graphics to the peripherals as they are connected to the dock, ensuring the ultimate seamless user experience.
"Migrating to the latest SuperSpeed Graphics Technology is the obvious choice for us to keep the technology edge that business users and consumers demand," said Matt Evans, Global Product Manager at Kensington. "With DisplayLink's USB3 technology and compatibility certification program, our customers can be confident that they have chosen the most feature rich, reliable, and easy to use dock to expand their notebooks."
"Kensington has long been a partner of DisplayLink and their new USB3.0 docks for home and office really meet the needs of users today," said John Cummins, VP of sales and marketing for DisplayLink. "We're confident these will be winning products for Kensington and are happy to be jointly announcing this latest product family to their portfolio."
Pricing and Availability
The new Kensington USB3.0 Office Dock (sd3500v) and USB3.0 Home Dock (sd3000v) are available worldwide, with an MSRP of $169.99 and $199.99 respectively.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes rakes in $295m in first year
- Sniper Ghost Warrior dev hit with huge layoffs
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Switch has had a 2hr reveal
- SOMA's 'easy' Safe Mode finally makes its way to PS4
- Mega Man Collection coming to the Nintendo Switch
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit