DisplayLink, the world leading provider of solutions that simplify the connection between monitors and computing devices, and Kensington Computer Products Group, the technology division of ACCO Brands Corporation and a world leader in branded office products, today announced the launch of their latest generation of Universal Docking stations, powered by DisplayLink's SuperSpeed USB 3.0 graphics technology, which integrates Graphics, as well as Gigabit Ethernet and Audio.
USB 3.0 Docking Station with DVI/HDMI/VGA
Kensington today announced two new SuperSpeed USB3.0 docking stations including an Office Dock and a Home Dock. The Office Dock sd3500v provides the ultimate hot desk expansion and productivity solution with dual-head video support for HDMI and DVI/VGA displays, Gigabit Ethernet, up to 5.1 channel audio via HDMI, and USB3 and USB2 expansion ports, all powered by DisplayLink's highly integrated DL-3900 IC. The Home Dock sd3000v is the easiest and most efficient way to expand the home desktop with a single SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connection, notebook users get a DVI/VGA display connection, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio, and USB3 and USB2 expansion ports, all enabled by DisplayLink's DL-3700 IC.
Both docks feature "hot plug" functionality for audio and video, automatically detecting and routing sound and graphics to the peripherals as they are connected to the dock, ensuring the ultimate seamless user experience.
"Migrating to the latest SuperSpeed Graphics Technology is the obvious choice for us to keep the technology edge that business users and consumers demand," said Matt Evans, Global Product Manager at Kensington. "With DisplayLink's USB3 technology and compatibility certification program, our customers can be confident that they have chosen the most feature rich, reliable, and easy to use dock to expand their notebooks."
"Kensington has long been a partner of DisplayLink and their new USB3.0 docks for home and office really meet the needs of users today," said John Cummins, VP of sales and marketing for DisplayLink. "We're confident these will be winning products for Kensington and are happy to be jointly announcing this latest product family to their portfolio."
Pricing and Availability
The new Kensington USB3.0 Office Dock (sd3500v) and USB3.0 Home Dock (sd3000v) are available worldwide, with an MSRP of $169.99 and $199.99 respectively.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM