Strontium Technology has announced a new series of high-performance solid state drives (SSDs) named HAWK. These Hynix-built solid state drives with Strontium branding are based on SandForce's SF2281 controller and SK Hynix Flash. These drives are said to be a good upgrade option featuring 500MB/s of read and write performance and also claim to offer faster performance for PCs and Macs. Needless to say, SSDs feature enhanced durability, shock-proof, silent operation and are more reliable as compared to traditional hard drives.
The 2.5-inch HAWK drive is available in 120GB and 240GB storage capacities. The sequential (256KB, MAX) read speed is 510 MB/s and write speed is 470 MB/s. The random (4KB, MAX) performance is 50,000 IOPS read and 38,000 IOPS write. It comes with support for SATA I/ II/ III interface, TRIM Support (O/S support required) and has a Mean Time between Failures (MBTF) of 1.2M. Strontium HAWK SSD has been designed to offer quicker boot up and shorter lead time in the loading of applications to enhance productivity.
Strontium HAWK SSD simply makes the computer more responsive than ever. With quicker boot up and shorter lead time in applications loading, it will definitely enhance your daily productivity and ensure your system takes flight to the next level.
Backed by a three-year warranty, the HAWK SSD will be available through Strontium's authorized distributors and channel partners. The 120GB and 240GB SSDs are also available through Strontium's website.
- 2.5" Drive
- SandForce SF-2281
- MLC NAND Flash for Fast Performance
- Available Capacities: 120GB and 240GB
- Sequential Performance (256KB, MAX): Read: 510 MB/s, Write: 470 MB/s
- Random Performance (4KB, MAX): Read: 50,000 IOPS, Write: 38,000 IOPS
- Supports SATA I/ II/ III Interface
- TRIM Support (O/S Support Required)
- Power Consumption: 0.82W (Active), 0.26W (Idle)
- Mean Time between Failures (MBTF): 1.2M
- 3 years hassle-free Strontium Limited Warranty
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit