VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the latest addition in the growing VIA Modular Solutions portfolio, the VIA COMe-8X91. The modular design approach allows for short time-to market, application-specific customization, simplified development, high stability and long life cycles for customers to rapidly develop new and exciting devices.
Measuring 84mm x 55mm, the VIA COMe-8X91 is based on the industry standard Computer-on-Module (COM) Express Mini form factor with type 10 pin-outs. The VIA COMe-8X91 module combines an 800MHz VIA Eden X2 dual core processor and the VIA VX900 media system processor (MSP) providing a ruggedized, ultra compact solution targeted at industrial PC and large OEM customers focused on dynamic application segments, including medical, advanced gaming, test and measurement, industrial (machine vision system) and military applications.
In addition, with the VIA COMe-8X91 module, VIA offers a comprehensive starter kit, including a multi-I/O carrier board reference design, board support packages (BSPs), display, system monitoring tools/SDKs, and design guide, enabling industrial PC and OEM customers to rapidly customize their solutions.
"The COM Express Mini form factor provides embedded customers the ideal platform for creating highly tailored solutions where real estate is at a premium," said Epan Wu, Head of the VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The VIA COMe-8X91 delivers an extremely ruggedized, power efficient solution for the creation of ultra compact embedded devices with a short time to market approach."
VIA COMe-8X91 Module
Available in the industry standard COM Express Mini form factor of 84mm x 55mm, the VIA COMe-8X91 module pairs an 800MHz VIA Eden X2 dual core processor and the VIA VX900 MSP for a low power, high performance platform. The VIA COMe-8X91 module offers support for the latest connectivity standards including 18/24-bit single-channel LVDS and either one displayport or one HDMI port (without HDCP).
Onboard I/O includes two SATA II ports, one GigaLAN port, eight USB 2.0 ports shared with one USB client port, one HD audio digital interface and two serial ports. System memory includes 1GB of onboard DDR3.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit