GIGABYTE Announces Support for AMD® AM3/AM2+ 45nm Processors
Simple BIOS Upgrade to Deliver AMD 45nm CPU Support
Taipei, Taiwan, November 18, 2008 - GIGABYTE, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards today is pleased to announce support for the soon-to-be-released AMD 45nm processors including socket AM3 and AM2+ on a full range of current platforms including the AMD® 790FX, 790GX, 790X, 770, 780G, 740G as well as the NVIDIA® nForce® 750a SLI and GeForce® 8200.
With a simple BIOS upgrade, GIGABYTE delivers an easy upgrade path for users wanting to take advantage of AMD's latest 45nm process technology enhancements including higher core clocks with greater energy efficiency over past generations, integrated DDR2/DDR3 memory controller (DDR3 memory support for AM3 processors and AM3 designed motherboards only), HyperTransport 3.0 and C1E enhanced power savings.
GIGABYTE has tested and verified the following products support AMD® AM3 /AM2+ 45nm CPUs by upgrading to the BIOS version listed. To download the latest BIOS version for your board, please visit:
AMD® AM3 /AM2+ 45nm CPU Motherboard Support List
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services.
Visit https://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower