QNAP Expands Exclusive QPKG Application Offerings for Turbo NAS Customers
QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class NAS servers announced today 4 new QPKG add-on applications and 3 updates to the original QPKGs for its NAS customers. These QPKGs give users a versatile NAS covering their need from web applications such as Gallery, to media servers and download utilities consisting of PS3 Media Server, pyLoad, and Transmission. These applications improve a QNAP NAS by enabling it not only as a pure storage server, but also a powerful yet energy-efficient downloading machine, multimedia sharing center to game consoles with transcoding capability, IP TV streaming, online photo sharing server, and an all purposed web server with advanced manageability.
QNAP's QPKG applications are free to download and convenient for end users to install. "The QPKG platform is a great feature for users to explore unlimited possibilities of what a QNAP NAS is capable of," said James Wu, Product Manager of QNAP. "With over 20 QPKG apps now available to help create and manage databases, run websites, implement ecommerce, enjoy multimedia files, and much more". QNAP strives to stay ahead of consumer needs by providing innovated add-ons to make today's data-heavy society a more user friendly world.
The newly announced QPKG applications include:
pyLoad, a fast, lightweight and full-featured download manager for servers like a QNAP NAS to download files from common one-clicking websites such as RapidShare or Megaupoload, video sites (e.g. YouTube), or plain HTTP/FTP links.
Transmission, a BitTorrent client which features a simple interface on top of a cross-platform back-end.
Gallery, a popular photo album organizer enabling complete management and publication of digital photographs via an intuitive web interface.
Piwik, a real-time web analytics software program providing detailed reports on your website visitors, the search engines and keywords they used, the language they speak, and etc.
The updated QPKG applications include: PS3 Media Server, a DLNA compliant UPnP Media Server for the PS3, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding media files stored on the NAS; WordPress, a free, open-source personal publishing system that allows you to easily create a complex blog, or web log, on your site; OpenLDAP, an open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and is packaged with phpLDAPadmin to provide the web-based administration functionality
The new QPKG applications are currently available. All currently available QPKG applications can be viewed and downloaded from within the QNAP NAS management software. QNAP recently released V3.4 update to the NAS management software and users are encouraged to download and install this important update.
For more information of QPKG applications, please visit this page.
For more information on the V3.4 firmware, please visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ