Greece, Turkey and France to join the competition for Europe
Leading mainboard manufacturer, MSI, is organizing the first-ever Master Overclocking Arena 2008 in Taipei, Taiwan to be held November 8-11, 2008. The event is powered by Intel, NVIDIA, OCZ Technology, Western Digital, Enermax and Geinus. MSI, best known for its Intel-based mainboards, graphics cards and notebooks, takes the lead in letting renown overclockers from countries around the world test its latest MSI P45 platform. Representing 30 countries, including Australia, China, Europe, Korea, South Africa, South East Asia, and Taiwan, the participants are made up of the winning warriors from four fierce competitions. Only these elite individuals have earned themselves a ticket to the Master Overclocking Arena 2008.
Between August 23 and 24, the first MSI European Overclocking Challenge was held in Amsterdam, Netherlands. After months of preparation and qualifying rounds, the best overclockers from 20 different countries in Europe were able to show their skills and compete with their fellow enthusiasts. All contestants received an MSI P45D3 Platinum mainboard with the DrMOS overclocking utility. On Sunday the 24th of August, the champions were announced by MSI: Hipro5 and Gprhellas from Greece! The runners-up were Hey and Tosuner mc from Turkey and the third place was won by Florian and Marmott from France.
The jury was impressed by the performance of the winners Hipro5 and Gprhellas: "They had the best scores on all benchmarks - 164% higher performance than a non-overclocked system - they are hands-down the European Champions." At the start of the event, Greece was already tipped to be one of the favorites for the title. Hipro5 was very happy winning the Overclocking Challenge and exclaimed "Overclocking till death, Overclocking is Life!"
MSI has great honors to welcome the TOP 3 winners from Europe to join MOA 2008 in Taiwan and wish them the best performance.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit