Greece, Turkey and France to join the competition for Europe
Leading mainboard manufacturer, MSI, is organizing the first-ever Master Overclocking Arena 2008 in Taipei, Taiwan to be held November 8-11, 2008. The event is powered by Intel, NVIDIA, OCZ Technology, Western Digital, Enermax and Geinus. MSI, best known for its Intel-based mainboards, graphics cards and notebooks, takes the lead in letting renown overclockers from countries around the world test its latest MSI P45 platform. Representing 30 countries, including Australia, China, Europe, Korea, South Africa, South East Asia, and Taiwan, the participants are made up of the winning warriors from four fierce competitions. Only these elite individuals have earned themselves a ticket to the Master Overclocking Arena 2008.
Between August 23 and 24, the first MSI European Overclocking Challenge was held in Amsterdam, Netherlands. After months of preparation and qualifying rounds, the best overclockers from 20 different countries in Europe were able to show their skills and compete with their fellow enthusiasts. All contestants received an MSI P45D3 Platinum mainboard with the DrMOS overclocking utility. On Sunday the 24th of August, the champions were announced by MSI: Hipro5 and Gprhellas from Greece! The runners-up were Hey and Tosuner mc from Turkey and the third place was won by Florian and Marmott from France.
The jury was impressed by the performance of the winners Hipro5 and Gprhellas: "They had the best scores on all benchmarks - 164% higher performance than a non-overclocked system - they are hands-down the European Champions." At the start of the event, Greece was already tipped to be one of the favorites for the title. Hipro5 was very happy winning the Overclocking Challenge and exclaimed "Overclocking till death, Overclocking is Life!"
MSI has great honors to welcome the TOP 3 winners from Europe to join MOA 2008 in Taiwan and wish them the best performance.
Latest News Posts
- EVGA unveils single-slot GTX 1080 Ti KINGPIN Hydro Copper
- Tencent the first Chinese company worth over $500 billion
- 50 million Uber accounts hacked, Uber paid $100K to hide it
- NVIDIA still the leader of GPU market, even with Vega here
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ