Toshiba Adds 4G WiMAX Capabilities to Award-winning Portege R700
Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced two 4G WiMAX-ready models of the Portege R700, the world's lightest 13.3-inch full-performance ultraportable laptop with an integrated DVD drive2. The new Portege R700 models not only provide business users with unprecedented performance and durability in a highly mobile form factor, but the most comprehensive connectivity options available.
"4G WiMAX coverage continues to rapidly grow and offers millions of people wireless access in many major metropolitan areas across the U.S.," said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "Now with a WiMAX-enabled Portege R700, Toshiba business professionals will be able to enjoy the benefits of having citywide connectivity at their fingertips."
WiMAX is currently available in 54 cities nationwide and is expected to be available in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Minneapolis, New York and Pittsburgh by the end of 2010.
With a starting weight of just three pounds3 and about one inch thin, the Portege R700 supports the latest Intel Core family of full-powered processors and a wealth of features and ports required by business users, including the ability to dock to a port replicator, an ExpressCard slot, an eSATA/USB combo port with Sleep-and-Charge4, as well as a built-in DVD SuperMulti drive and Webcam. The Portege R700 also features a high-capacity six-cell battery with a long battery life rating.
The Portege R700-S1332W features the Intel Core i7 processor6 and a 128GB solid state drive7, while the Portege R700-S1322W features the Intel Core i5 processor and a 320GB high-speed 7200 RPM hard drive8. Both include 4GB of DDR3 memory.
With a light, yet durable magnesium alloy casing reinforced with a honeycomb rib design, the Portege R700 features a 13.3-inch diagonal HD widescreen LED-backlit display10, a premium raised tile keyboard and a wide TouchPad with customizable Multi-touch Control that makes typing and navigation easy and comfortable.
The WiMAX-enabled Portege R700-S1332W ($1,699 MSRP) and Portege R700-S1322W ($1,349 MSRP) will be available on Oct. 12, 2010 through select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers and e-tailers.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit