-- GIGABYTE Announces H55 Mini-ITX Contest on HWBOT --
-- Back-to-Basics H55N-USB3 Overclocking Challenge --
TAIPEI, Taiwan - August 2, 2010 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today announced a new overclocking competition in conjunction with HWBOT.org called the H55 Mini-ITX Contest.
With an eye on going back to the hobbyist roots of overclocking, GIGABYTE and HWBOT thought it would be a good time to host a competition centered around the basics of overclocking. So, during the month of August, show us how far you can push your GA-H55N-USB3 motherboard and submit your Super PI 32m scores on HWBOT. Since not everyone has access to LN2, we've split the competition into two categories; Stage 1 we've limited the CPU speed to 4000 MHz, and Stage 2 has no CPU speed limit.
Since most of you are in this sport for the love of overclocking, and not for the love of prizes, we've decided not to announce any. That's not to say there won't be any at the end of the competition for the winners, but for the true overclocking purists out there, it gives you the chance to show the community you are doing this for fun (and maybe just a little for the bragging rights).
We are also looking to see who is the fan favorite, so make sure to vote using HWBOT's voting system (there might just be a lucky draw prize in it for those of you who vote). Good luck everyone and have fun!
The H55N-USB3 is unique because it is the only Intel H55 chipset Mini-ITX motherboard with next gen USB 3.0 technology. For more about the GIGABYTE GA-H55N-USB3 motherboard please visit: http://www.gigabyte.us/MicroSite/238/index.htm.
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.us/ for more information.
Latest News Posts
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- IGN have acquired retailer Humble Bundle
- Discord introduces Verified Servers
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- ASUS Lyra Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Router System Review
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard