Sony tunes in to digital radio growth in Australia
Sony Australia releases its first digital radio product, the CMTFX350i Micro HiFi system
Sydney - 27 July, 2010 - Sony is releasing its first digital radio product in Australia, the CMTFX350i Micro HiFi system, in time for digital radio's first Australian anniversary in August.
"Without a doubt, digital radio has injected a new wave of excitement into the age-old medium, offering listeners more entertainment options and a new level of quality sound," said Hassan Mahdi, Product Manager, Home Audio & Video, Sony Australia. "Over the last year, we've been watching the growth of digital radio in Australia with great interest. As more digital stations and content have become available and consumers begin to understand the possibilities of this format, we feel it's the right time to introduce our first digital radio product locally."
Digital radio offers superior sound quality, clearer reception and a wide range of radio stations to tune in to. Recognising the increasing popularity of this format, Sony's new stylish and compact Micro HiFi system is ideal for users who have not yet experienced the benefits that digital can deliver.
According to the Digital Radio Industry Report 2010, released by Commercial Radio Australia, over one third (38%) of Australians in metropolitan areas are likely to purchase a digital radio in the next 12 months and 58% of these respondants cite improved sound quality as the purchase reason. Offering great value, Sony's new Micro HiFi system delivers an enhanced listening experience and the benefits of digital radio to more Australians.
Micro HiFi system [CMTFX350i] key features:
Digital Radio (DAB+) and FM tuner - Get more listening choices with the built-in DAB and FM tuner, with 40 station presets
Integrated iPod® Dock - Play all your music from your iPod® music library
Stereo sound quality - Superior sound with 10W RMS power and a full range speaker system
Easy to use - Simple menu functions and key layout, plus remote control for operating freedom
CD Playback - Top loading CD player with shuffle, repeat and program functions
MP3 / Portable audio input - Connect your digital music player and play MP3s at full volume with great sound quality
Available now at a SRP of $279 inc GST
Information: For further information on Sony's Micro HiFi range, readers can contact Sony Australia on 1300 720 071 or visit http://www.sony.com.au/productcategory/ha-hifi-micro
Availability: Sony's Micro HiFi range is available from Sony Centre stores in major capital cities and online at http://www.sony.com.au/productcategory/ha-hifi-micro. It is also available through consumer electronics retailers nationally.
Images: Images can be downloaded from the Sony Australia Flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sonyaustralia. If you would like assistance, please contact Kate Harper at Hausmann Communications (02) 8353 5732.
Sony Corporation is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, communications and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. Sony Australia Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Sony Corporation of Japan. With a wide range of products across three main segments, consumer products, broadcast & professional and information technology products, Sony has become a leading electronics company in Australia.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon