Razer¬ô to Sponsor Defense of the Ancients (DotA) Online Tournament
DotA Razer Global Challenge features US$30,000 of prize money for one of the largest cash pots for an online DotA tournament
Carlsbad, Calif. - May 7, 2010 - Razer, a leading manufacturer of high-end precision gaming and lifestyle peripherals, has joined forces with Dota-League to announce the first in a series of global tournaments for DotA (Defense of the Ancients) gamers. The challenge promises to be an exciting 3-month period of fiercely fought competitions that will pit the world's best DotA gamers against each other for the first season. There will be Razer products and cash prizes up for grabs for the top 64 teams for a total of 30,000 USD, one of the largest cash amounts ever to be won for an online DotA competition worldwide. Razer plans to make this tournament series a frequent worldwide event featuring the very best professional DotA teams pitting their best gamers and heroes against one another.
"We are excited to be able to involve ourselves with an extremely vibrant and competitive community of DotA gamers and to kick start our global tournament series with Defense of the Ancients." said Robert "Razerguy" Krakoff, president, Razer USA. "Fans of Razer and DotA will be sure to experience one of the most visceral 5v5 challenges that the gaming community has seen in a long time."
The first DotA Razer Global Challenge will start off at the end of May with Razer products and cash prizes to be won. Over 800 teams are expected to sign up within the next three weeks to start taking part in the Razer Global DotA Challenge Season which is expected to last 3 months. DotA enthusiasts and participants can also win exclusive prizes by becoming a Razer fan and looking for contests on our Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/razer.
About the Razer Group:
Razer¬ô is the world's leading manufacturer of high-end precision gaming products and peripherals that are designed "For Gamers. By Gamers¬ô". Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Razer's award-winning lineup of products includes desktop speakers, headsets, keyboards, mice, software, and gaming surfaces. Since 1998, Razer has collaborated with leading professional gamers to develop, manufacture and market cutting-edge gaming peripherals using proprietary technologies that give gamers the competitive edge. Razer products offer the best in precision, sensitivity, usability and distinctive product design and have a reputation for being leaders in gaming peripheral technology.
About Dota League:
Dota-League.com is the most well known and successful league and tournament website solely for Defense of the Ancients since over 5 years. With more than 200.000 registered users, Dota-League provides a community platform for both single and team players to prove their skills on a highly professional base and allows anyone to compete from high to low skills levels. With tournaments for professional and casual players, Dota-League has shown how exciting it is to compete in DotA.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower