iPad Wi-Fi + 3G Models Available in US on April 30
CUPERTINO, California-April 20, 2010-Apple® today announced that the Wi-Fi + 3G models of its magical iPad will be delivered to US customers who've pre-ordered on Friday, April 30, and will be available in Apple retail stores the same day starting at 5:00 p.m.
iPad allows users to connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before. Users can browse the web, read and send email, enjoy and share photos, watch HD videos, listen to music, play games, read ebooks and much more, all using iPad's revolutionary Multi-Touch user interface. iPad Wi-Fi + 3G models are just 0.5 inches thick and weigh just 1.6 pounds-thinner and lighter than any laptop or netbook-and deliver up to 10 hours of battery life for surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching videos or listening to music, and up to nine hours of surfing the web using a 3G data network.*
Apple retail stores will offer a free Personal Setup service to every customer who buys an iPad at the store, helping them customize their new iPad by setting up their email, loading their favorite apps from the App Store, and more. US Apple retail stores are also hosting special iPad workshops to help customers learn more about this magical new product.
Pricing & Availability
iPad is available in Wi-Fi models in the US for a suggested retail price of $499 for 16GB, $599 for 32GB and $699 for 64GB. The Wi-Fi + 3G models will be available on April 30 in the US for a suggested retail price of $629 for 16GB, $729 for 32GB and $829 for 64GB. iPad is sold in the US through the Apple Store® (www.apple.com), Apple's retail stores, most Best Buy stores, select Apple Authorized Resellers and campus bookstores. AT&T is offering breakthrough 3G pre-paid data plans for iPad with easy, on-device activation and management.
iPad will be available at the end of May in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK. Apple will announce international pricing and begin taking online pre-orders for iPad on May 10.
*Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results vary.
Apple ignited the personal computer revolution with the Apple II, then reinvented the personal computer with the Macintosh. Apple continues to lead the industry with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system, and iLife, iWork and professional applications. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store, has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced its magical iPad which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.
Latest News Posts
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM