VIA Takes the Jitters Out of Online HD Video
VIA VX900 Media System Processor delivers smoothest HD online streaming video experience on a single chip
Taipei, Taiwan, 23 March 2010 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the new VIA VX900 media system processor, a full featured single chip solution that will be coupled with the latest VIA Nano-3000 Series processors to bring truly stunning video playback to the latest HD online video services.
"VIA's trail-blazing VX900 will bring welcome relief to those pining for the best view of HD video online," said Richard Brown, Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The VIA VX900 represents the most complete solution for HD digital content consumption on the market today."
The VIA VX900 MSP features the VIA ChromotionHD 2.0 video engine, boasting hardware acceleration of the H.264 codec technology that is driving today's advanced online HD video streaming services. The VIA VX900 brings crisp, smooth 1080p HD video content to life without hogging key system resources or resorting to an additional third party decoder.
VIA ChromotionHD 2.0: HD Video Re-imagined
The VIA VX900 leverages the high-performance ChromotionHD 2.0 video processor to plough through the most demanding video formats, providing incredibly smooth playback of HD media titles at resolutions up to 1080p without incurring a heavy CPU load.
Support for the latest Blu-ray titles with VC1 and H.264 codec support is bolstered with acceleration for MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and the latest WMV formats. The latest connectivity standards are supported and include dual channel support for Display Port, HDMI, DVP, VGA and LVDS/TMDS.
The VIA VX900 MSP supports the latest DDR3 system memory at speeds of up to 1066MHz and is compatible with the VIA Nano, VIA C7® and VIA Eden processor families. The VIA VX900 integrates all the features of a traditional North and South bridge solution into a 31mm x 31mm single chip package, offering a reduced overall silicon footprint compared with competing twin-chip core logic implementations.
The VIA VX900 boasts the VIA Chrome9 HCM 3D integrated graphics core with full DirectX 9.0 support and a 128-bit 2D engine with hardware rotation capability. The VIA VX900 uses a high bandwidth PCI Express 2.0 interface with one x8 lane and three single lane PCI Express II expansion slots, two PCI slots and a VIA Vinyl HD 8 channel audio codec.
An IDE controller, support for two S-ATA II drives, SD/MMS/MMC card reader support and 8 USB 2.0 ports are supplemented with support for PS/2, UART, SPI, GPIO and LPC technologies. Fast Ethernet and Gigabit connectivity options are provided through a dedicated controller.
Samples of the VIA VX900 MSP are available now to project customers. To learn more about the VIA VX900 media system processor please visit:
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. https://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter teases trailer, will drop today
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes to Switch, June 29
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit