GYRATION AIR MUSIC REMOTE WITH MOTIONSENSE HITS RETAIL TODAY
New Universal Remote with LCD Display Offers Complete Control of Digital Home Entertainment
Milpitas, CA, September 8, 2008 - Movea, Inc., the leader in motion-sensing technology for digital media, today announced the retail availability of its new Gyration Air Music Remote with MotionSense technology. The Air Music Remote offers digital media convergence enthusiasts complete control of their home theater systems, bridging the PC-to-TV gap by combining a universal remote control with the functions of a PC mouse. The new remote features a backlit LCD panel that displays music selections from Windows® Media Player (including Media Center) and iTunes®, and allows one-click play and volume control from up to 100 feet away.
The Air Music Remote controls all digital home entertainment with the ability to replace existing TV, cable, A/V and Media Center remotes, and eliminates the need for a mouse. With Movea's industry leading MotionSense technology, the Air Music Remote allows the use of natural hand movements to control the on-screen cursor and all aspects of Windows Media Center software with pinpoint precision. It includes standard menu navigation, an alphanumeric keypad and shortcut buttons.
Gyration remote controls function via radio frequency (RF) for the home theater PC, as well as Infrared (IR) for traditional audio/video (A/V) components. The RF in-air mouse control allows for web surfing and the navigation of streaming media sites via the television, such as YouTube®, SlingMedia or AOL Music®. It also enables users to easily search and view content such as digital photos or Xbox downloads and control music from any room in the house.
"We are excited about the early acceptance of our Air Music Remote," said Greg Smith, Vice President for Marketing at Movea Inc. "The positive reaction from retailers validates how powerful our MotionSense technology is in solving the key user interface challenges facing consumers in the digitally connected home."
The device is now available for purchase with a suggested retail price of $179.99; $229.99 if bundled with a wireless portable keyboard. For more information on this and the family of Gyration motion-sensing products, visit https://www.gyration.com.
About Movea, Inc.
Movea, Inc. is the newly formed company created by the acquisition of all assets of Gyration, Inc. by Movea SA. Movea SA, a spin-off from the French research institute CEA-Leti, licenses CEA-Leti's unique gyroscope free motion-sensing technology for the Consumer and Healthcare markets. Gyration is the inventor and patent holder of gyroscopic motion-sensing technology for in-air navigation and cursor control on a television screen or monitor. Movea, Inc.'s consumer products, including Gyration's range of controllers for the digital media markets, will remain under the Gyration brand name. Movea, Inc. offers products through traditional retail store fronts, value added resellers, system integrators and OEM partners. Additional information about Movea, Inc. and its range of Gyration consumer electronics products can be found at https://www.gyration.com and https://www.movea-tech.com.
Latest News Posts
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Bungie committed to Destiny for long haul
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media