GYRATION AIR MUSIC REMOTE WITH MOTIONSENSE HITS RETAIL TODAY
New Universal Remote with LCD Display Offers Complete Control of Digital Home Entertainment
Milpitas, CA, September 8, 2008 - Movea, Inc., the leader in motion-sensing technology for digital media, today announced the retail availability of its new Gyration Air Music Remote with MotionSense technology. The Air Music Remote offers digital media convergence enthusiasts complete control of their home theater systems, bridging the PC-to-TV gap by combining a universal remote control with the functions of a PC mouse. The new remote features a backlit LCD panel that displays music selections from Windows® Media Player (including Media Center) and iTunes®, and allows one-click play and volume control from up to 100 feet away.
The Air Music Remote controls all digital home entertainment with the ability to replace existing TV, cable, A/V and Media Center remotes, and eliminates the need for a mouse. With Movea's industry leading MotionSense technology, the Air Music Remote allows the use of natural hand movements to control the on-screen cursor and all aspects of Windows Media Center software with pinpoint precision. It includes standard menu navigation, an alphanumeric keypad and shortcut buttons.
Gyration remote controls function via radio frequency (RF) for the home theater PC, as well as Infrared (IR) for traditional audio/video (A/V) components. The RF in-air mouse control allows for web surfing and the navigation of streaming media sites via the television, such as YouTube®, SlingMedia or AOL Music®. It also enables users to easily search and view content such as digital photos or Xbox downloads and control music from any room in the house.
"We are excited about the early acceptance of our Air Music Remote," said Greg Smith, Vice President for Marketing at Movea Inc. "The positive reaction from retailers validates how powerful our MotionSense technology is in solving the key user interface challenges facing consumers in the digitally connected home."
The device is now available for purchase with a suggested retail price of $179.99; $229.99 if bundled with a wireless portable keyboard. For more information on this and the family of Gyration motion-sensing products, visit https://www.gyration.com.
About Movea, Inc.
Movea, Inc. is the newly formed company created by the acquisition of all assets of Gyration, Inc. by Movea SA. Movea SA, a spin-off from the French research institute CEA-Leti, licenses CEA-Leti's unique gyroscope free motion-sensing technology for the Consumer and Healthcare markets. Gyration is the inventor and patent holder of gyroscopic motion-sensing technology for in-air navigation and cursor control on a television screen or monitor. Movea, Inc.'s consumer products, including Gyration's range of controllers for the digital media markets, will remain under the Gyration brand name. Movea, Inc. offers products through traditional retail store fronts, value added resellers, system integrators and OEM partners. Additional information about Movea, Inc. and its range of Gyration consumer electronics products can be found at https://www.gyration.com and https://www.movea-tech.com.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam