INTEL UNVEILS DESKTOP MOTHERBOARD FOR NETTOPS Intel® Desktop Board
D945GCLF2 Running on Intel® Atom Processors Delivers a Rich Experience in a Tiny, Power-Packed Package
INTEL DEVELOPER FORUM, San Francisco, Aug. 19, 2008 - Offering more choice to entry-level desktop PC users, Intel Corporation today showcased a new desktop motherboard that packs a powerful price-performance value proposition. Running on the newly released 45nm dual-core Intel® Atom Processor 330, the Intel® Desktop Board D945GCLF2 Essential Series is the second generation of Intel's most affordable and differentiated motherboard that integrates a single unit of compute with a microprocessor, chipset, motherboard and heat sink.
Designed to specifically build nettops - a family of affordable desktops purpose built for Internet-centric usage models - the Intel® Desktop Board D945GCLF2 targets entry-level computer users in the emerging markets, as second or basic home PCs for mature markets, or customized for unique vertical usage models such as Internet kiosks, thin clients or POS (point-of-sale) systems.
"Small on size and big on potential, the best of 45nm technology is used to deliver a rich and full experience in a tiny, power-packed package," said Tom Rampone, vice president of Intel's Sales and Marketing Group, and general manager, Channel Platforms Group. "Nettops represent a fundamental shift in system design and PC consumption. Over the next 20 years we will see nettops emerge as a powerful and significant force in computing."
Providing a big Internet experience in a small package, the Intel® Desktop Board D945GCLF2 features the newest mini-ITX form factor. Backward compatible with ATX/MicroATX, this form factor allows PC manufacturers and system builders to create energy-efficient solutions with the ultimate small chassis flexibility. The board is integrated with a low-power dual-core Intel® Atom Processor with 533 MHz system bus, and the Intel® 945GC Express Chipset with built-in Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950. There is a single DIMM socket designed to support up to 2 GB of DDR2 667/533 SDRAM.
For custom system configurations and future add-in upgrades there is a PCI expansion slot. In addition, the board includes an IDE connector supporting up to two ATA 100/66 devices, and an integrated 10/100/1000 Mb/s Ethernet LAN connectivity. Featuring High Definition Audio (6-Channel) with front panel header, the integrated stereo audio provides excellent value. The board also supports up to eight Hi-Speed USB 2.0 ports (four back panel ports and two onboard headers supporting four additional USB 2.0 ports), two Serial ATA ports (3.0 Gb/s), and an S-Video connector.
The Intel® Desktop Board D945GCLF2 will be available for shipping worldwide in September this year. Furthermore, the ecosystem is strong at launch with over a dozen chassis manufactures who have confirmed building chassis compatible with the Intel® Desktop Board D945GCLF2.
Latest News Posts
- Dynasty Warriors 9 dev apologizes for major PC patch delay
- Assassin's Creed Origins New Game+ beaten, reward revealed
- Overwatch League Streams on Twitch can earn in-game rewards
- Far Cry 5 detail the dog Boomer, mans best friend
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance sells 1 million copies in 1 month
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Apple iPhone X $999 Buy here www.BizFests.com
- Corsair Obsidian 500D Premium Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit