Super Talent Ships new DDR3 VLP RDIMM
Very Low Profile DDR3 Module Designed for ATCA, Embedded and Blade Server Applications
San Jose, California - August 18, 2009 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced a very low profile (VLP) DDR3-1333 Registered DIMM designed for use in servers with compact and low-profile enclosures.
This 2GB ECC registered module is only 0.72-inches tall, nearly half an inch shorter than standard height DDR3 modules. "We made this product for high density servers and embedded computers where space inside the chassis is severely constrained", explained Super Talent Director of Marketing, Joe James. VLP modules also make sense in 1U servers since their small stature improves airflow inside the chassis.
Another big advantage of VLP modules is that they require about 40% less PCB material to produce, and they weigh about 20% less compared to standard height modules. This means VLP DIMMs cost less to ship and are more eco-friendly than standard height modules.
This module, part number W13VB2G8x, is organized as a 256M x 72 dual rank 240-pin DIMM. It is fully JEDEC compliant and has been validated on Supermicro® server boards to ensure reliability.
Like all Super Talent DDR3 server memory, this module includes a JEDEC standard thermal sensor in the EEPROM that measures actual temperature on the module. If the module temperature rises above a threshold level the memory clock speed can be throttled via the SM bus to protect the memory components against overheating. The W13VB2G8x is available today directly from Super Talent's OEM sales force.
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, California, designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factories and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active member of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies. With over 250 patents, the company was ranked 38th in the 2008 Wall Street Journal's Patent ScorecardTM for the IT industry.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft does NOT block keyboard/mouse support on Xbox One
- Remedy's new game 'P7' expected for release in 2019
- Someone just bought close to $400 million worth of Bitcoin
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit