Joby Launches Gorillamobile, Ingenious Tripod with Widespread Mobile Device Compatibility and Limitless Functionality
Features include four interchangeable quick‐release adapters, flexible leg joints with rubberized grips, secure locking mechanism and travel friendly design
SAN FRANCISCO, CA ‐ July 29, 2009 - Joby, the world renowned designer of the Gorillapod line of innovative camera tripods, is pleased to announce the Gorillamobile. Representing the first product in a new product line, the Gorillamobile promises unparalleled tripod compatibility for almost all mobile devices. Featuring the critically acclaimed ball‐and‐socket tripod legs that affix to and balance on any surface, the Gorillamobile provides consumers with a universal system for mounting any portable device. Photo‐taking, video‐recording, talking and movie‐watching have never been easier!
The Gorillamobile is ideal for mobile phones, PDAs, MP3 players, portable gaming devices, GPS units, mini video cameras, pocket projectors and almost any other mobile device a consumer might want to utilize in a hands‐free manner. The Gorillamobile pack includes a custom‐engineered suction cup mounting system, two removable high‐bond adhesive clips and the traditional universal camera adapter to ensure maximum compatibility. Whether the user needs a temporary hold or prefers something more permanent, the adapters provide the solution.
"The Gorillamobile will satisfy the overwhelming demand we've had to develop a portable and delightful product for the person seeking a tripod and flexible mounting system for all his mobile devices," said Joby COO Forrest Baringer‐Jones. "The Gorillamobile truly creates endless possibilities and is sure to become a 'can't leave home without it' product."
The Gorillamobile weighs under 2 ounces, is just under 6‐inches tall and has a MSRP of $34.95. The product will ship in late summer and will be available globally.
Founded in 2005, San Francisco‐based Joby has established itself as a leader in the design, development and commercialization of innovative products for the consumer electronics market. Joby's Gorillapod product line is available in five sizes and is sold in more than 45 countries. For more information about Joby please visit joby.com.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Nintendo head wished Smash Ultimate launched in early 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Nov patch: New Boss/Quests & More
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One