AMD Continues 40th Anniversary Celebration with Shipment of 500 Millionth x86 Processor
AMD giving four loyal fans the chance to win an AMD processor-based ultrathin notebook
SUNNYVALE, Calif --7/22/2009 AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the shipment of its 500 millionth x86 processor, a milestone enabled by the company's 40 years of innovation. From the world's most powerful supercomputers to mission-critical enterprise servers, high-performance gaming PCs and HD-capable laptops, users have come to rely on the innovation, stability and power of AMD processors and platforms at work, home and play.
To reward the loyal customers who helped AMD reach this milestone, the company is giving back to its fans by offering the chance to win four HP Pavilion dv2z notebooks, based on AMD's pioneering platform for ultrathin notebooks. The details are as follows:
Follow AMD on Twitter (@AMD_Unprocessed), where a new question will be posted every other Monday beginning July 27.
Send AMD the answer via a direct message to AMD's twitter handle @AMD_Unprocessed.
All eligible respondents will be entered into a drawing for an HP dv2z Notebook.
AMD will give away four AMD processor-based HP Pavilion dv2z notebooks over eight weeks, so fans have ample opportunities to show off their extensive knowledge about the company.
Full rules and details can be found at https://www.amd.com/40years.*
For general AMD updates and to review contest questions, follow AMD on Twitter @AMD_Unprocessed.
Find more AMD updates and contest rules on Facebook.
See what other milestones AMD reached during the past 40 years in this innovation timeline.
AMD executives Nigel Dessau, Dave Kroll and Pat Moorhead share their personal thoughts regarding AMD's 40th anniversary.
View the winning video and photo entries from the first of three AMD 40th anniversary contests.
See HP Pavilion dv2z highlights in this video and buy one here.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
* Eligibility: Residents of United States and Canada (excluding Quebec), age 18 or over. One (1) entry per person per entry period. See complete OFFICIAL RULES for additional details. Official rules may be obtained at http://www.facebook.com/pages/AMD-Unprocessed/15452699102?ref=s. Additional restrictions may apply. Void where prohibited.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon