Corsair launches Obsidian Series 800D high-performance chassis
- Fully-featured chassis designed for high-end system builders and liquid-cooling enthusiasts -
Taipei, Taiwan R.O.C., June 2nd, 2009 - Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today at Computex 2009 announced its entry into the PC chassis category with the launch of the Corsair Obsidian Series 800D.
Flexible, roomy and sturdy, the Obsidian Series 800D full tower chassis was designed exclusively by Corsair and incorporates features demanded by the enthusiast market.
"The Obsidian Series 800D is a true builder's case," said Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing at Corsair. "It will reliably last you through years of motherboard, power, memory, cooling and component upgrades, while its advanced features and superior cooling performance allows you to build your ultimate dream system."
The steel structure of the Obsidian Series 800D has a matte black coating both inside and out, and is finished with a brushed aluminum faceplate for a professional, high-end look. It supports up to five 5.25 inch and six 3.5 inch drives in total, is compatible with ATX, Extended ATX, and Micro ATX motherboards and incorporates advanced features that make it ideal for demanding system builders. These include four hot-swap SATA bays, a cut-out section in the motherboard tray for easy CPU cooler installation and a unique cable management system that decreases cable clutter to increase airflow. The tool-free design also allows for easy entry and simple installation of 5.25 inch drives.
Cooling performance is vital for any high-end chassis, which is why the Obsidian Series 800D has a total of seven fan positions and three isolated cooling zones for the power supply, hot-swap SATA bays and main compartment. A dust-filtered 140mm fan draws in cold air at the bottom of the chassis and exhausts it at the rear and top of the chassis, forcing fresh air over the graphics cards and CPU. The SATA hot-swap bays are cooled by a separate 140mm fan, which exhausts out of the rear of chassis via a sealed chamber, preventing the heat generated by the drives from entering the main compartment. The power supply also has a dedicated intake and exhaust, which is also isolated from the main compartment.
For those in need of even greater cooling performance, the Obsidian Series 800D features a pre-drilled section in the roof to support single, dual and triple radiators, or up to three additional 120mm fans.
The Corsair Obsidian Series 800D chassis will be available in stores in early July at an estimated price of US $299, and is backed by a two-year limited warranty. Complete customer support via telephone, email, forum and Tech Support Express is also available.
For more information on the Obsidian Series 800D click here
To download an image of the Obsidian Series 800D, click here
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high-performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra-efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including Dominator memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash Voyager® and Flash Survivor USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit https://www.corsair.com
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit