AMD ACCELERATES AWARD-WINNING AMD PLATFORM TECHNOLOGY, CODENAME "DRAGON," WITH NEW AMD PHENOM II X4 PROCESSOR
- AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition processor is company's fastest processor ever, giving performance users massive headroom, HD visuals,1 backwards compatibility and DDR3 support at a price the competition can't beat2 -
-- April 23, 2009 --
WHAT: AMD announced a platform refresh today for Dragon platform technology, including the new AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition processor. As AMD's fastest ever quad-core processor, it brings all the capabilities gamers, enthusiasts and do-it-yourselfers have come to expect from AMD, including world record setting performance, high-speed DDR3 memory support and AMD OverDrive 3.0 technology, giving users more control over their computing experience.
The Dragon technology refresh consists of the new AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition processor, AMD 7-Series chipsets and award winning ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphics. With this platform refresh, AMD is combining its fastest processor with the massive graphics processing muscle of its most powerful GPU to deliver high definition video entertainment and "beyond HD" resolutions3 that allow gamers to take the latest games to the extreme.
WHY: AMD is committed to bringing high-performance desktop PCs to the enthusiast, gaming and DIY communities. To best meet the needs of these communities, AMD is taking a balanced platform approach, providing optimal CPU, graphics and chipset performance all at an affordable price.
BENEFITS: Running at a frequency of 3.2 GHz, the new AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition processor joins Dragon platform technology to give users speed with plenty of headroom. With speed, you need control, and the new AMD OverDrive 3.0 software delivers with a few new features:
- AMD Black Edition Memory Profile lets users create custom profiles that can easily overclock known DDR3 memory to quickly and easily achieve optimum high speed DDR3 performance.4
- AMD Smart Profiles can automatically tune performance for specific applications, whether for max performance or quiet operation. Choose from pre-defined application profiles or create your own to personalize the experience.
With AMD, consumers have the option to upgrade when the time is right for their budget and overall experience. Socket AM3 processors, such as the latest AMD Phenom II CPUs, are backwards compatible with existing AM2+ platforms running DDR2 memory, and can also transition to AM3 motherboards that support DDR3 memory when the time is right. Unlike the competition, AMD users can upgrade without having to purchase multiple new components.
For more information on the latest Dragon platform technology and where you can get it - Check it out!
See what AMD's Ian McNaughton has to say about this new processor here.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, AMD OverDrive, AMD Phenom, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Latest News Posts
- Unreal is free for 2 days to celebrate its 20th anniversary
- Epic: $3 million charity prize pool for Fortnite at E3 2018
- Epic invests $100 million into eSports scene for Fortnite
- NZXT announces Battle Royale H700i 'Ninja Edition' case
- PUBG performance improvements, limb penetration coming soon
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit