SUNLESS SKIES, the Gothic Horror RPG and follow-up to SUNLESS SEA, will be released on 31st January 2019 for PC, Mac and Linux, at 1800 GMT.
An RPG with a focus on exploration and exquisite storytelling, SUNLESS SKIES met its initial Kickstarter goal of Ãƒ,Ã,Â£100,000 in 4 hours, and entered Steam Early Access/GOG Games in Development in August 2017.
"Often, SUNLESS SKIES is about the price you pay for curiosity," says Narrative Director Chris Gardiner. "It unfolds a world populated with deep, dark stories that lure you on, but leave their mark."
"It's an alternate history, where Queen Victoria has rebuilt London in the heavens. But this isn't space as we know it: it's a windy celestial wilderness littered with offshoots of empire, ruined libraries, rebellious enclaves, distressing monsters, and domains of the dead."
In SUNLESS SKIES, you are the captain of a steam locomotive, eking out an existence from port to port with your crew, smuggling and trading where you can, hoping to find wealth, fame, or the truth: why are the stars going out?
SUNLESS SKIES follows the indie hit SUNLESS SEA, though it's not necessary to play SUNLESS SEA before embarking on an expedition into the skies.
Creative Director Paul Arendt says: "We've been delighted and humbled by the success of SUNLESS SEA. Feedback from our community of players has helped us to make SUNLESS SKIES even better - more accessible to newcomers without sacrificing the unique atmosphere of wonder and dread.
"Stories lie at the heart of all our games. You spend a lot of time in Sunless Skies reading, so we've invested effort into making the reading experience more of a pleasure. We've brought depth and dimension to our 2D world with a much wider palette of moods and locations. Combat is almost balletic: you can strafe, spin and chase down enemies, each of whom have specific motivations and fight styles."
"I'm delighted with this game; I sincerely hope that everyone who tries it will have an experience that stays with them for a long time."
What is SUNLESS SKIES?
SAIL THE STARS. BETRAY YOUR QUEEN. MURDER A SUN.
SUNLESS SKIES is a Gothic Horror roleplay game with a focus on exploration and exquisite storytelling for PC, Mac and Linux.
SUNLESS SKIES is Failbetter Games' third title, following 2015's SUNLESS SEA and the cult browser game FALLEN LONDON, which launched in 2009 and is still free to play at https://www.fallenlondon.com.
SUNLESS SKIES was successfully funded in 4 hours on Kickstarter, and went on to raise a total of Ãƒ,Ã,Â£377,952. It launched into Early Access in August 2017 and is due for release on 31st January 2019.
SUNLESS SKIES was named one of the most anticipated games of the year by PC Gamer, Eurogamer, GameInformer, The A.V. Club, iNews and Forbes.
Sunless Skies press kit (Please note: updated game assets and screenshots, new since December)
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5