SAN MATEO, Calif. / LONDON - January 16, 2019 - Roblox, the most popular online entertainment platform for kids and teens, today launched a new digital civility initiative with the hiring of Laura Higgins as its Director of Digital Civility.
Higgins will lead the company's ongoing investment to provide the Roblox community with the skills needed to create positive online experiences. Higgins brings over 20 years of experience managing and promoting social care and support services, as well as creating online safety and digital civility programs.
"Roblox's mission is to bring the world together through play," said David Baszucki, CEO and co-founder of Roblox. "As a training ground for life, we are fostering the new behaviours and skills that digital citizens need in this rapidly changing world. I'm pleased Laura will be joining us to help guide our efforts in this important area."
Roblox's Digital Civility Initiative will create and expand programs that empower kids, teens, parents, and caregivers with the skills to create positive online experiences. Efforts will include enhancing the in-game experience for players, improving programs and resources for parents and caregivers, and extending Roblox's work with schools and educators.
Higgins will partner with digital safety leaders around the world to identify technology and behavioural trends that can help Roblox further strengthen its platform. She will work to create a safe environment for building strong life skills while also ensuring a fun, productive experience for everyone. In addition, she will develop educational resources for players, parents, and caregivers to promote community safety and digital civility best practices.
"Because Roblox is rapidly growing into one of the most popular places for kids and teens to hang out and play online, we have a duty to make sure that when they use our platform they can explore their creativity freely and safely," commented Higgins. "We have an opportunity to engage with young people in a unique way, and I hope that by listening to them and giving them a voice, we can help shape their positive behaviours both online and offline. I am beyond delighted to be joining this world-class team of innovators, and I look forward to working with external partners around the world."
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure