SAN MATEO, Calif. / LONDON - January 16, 2019 - Roblox, the most popular online entertainment platform for kids and teens, today launched a new digital civility initiative with the hiring of Laura Higgins as its Director of Digital Civility.
Higgins will lead the company's ongoing investment to provide the Roblox community with the skills needed to create positive online experiences. Higgins brings over 20 years of experience managing and promoting social care and support services, as well as creating online safety and digital civility programs.
"Roblox's mission is to bring the world together through play," said David Baszucki, CEO and co-founder of Roblox. "As a training ground for life, we are fostering the new behaviours and skills that digital citizens need in this rapidly changing world. I'm pleased Laura will be joining us to help guide our efforts in this important area."
Roblox's Digital Civility Initiative will create and expand programs that empower kids, teens, parents, and caregivers with the skills to create positive online experiences. Efforts will include enhancing the in-game experience for players, improving programs and resources for parents and caregivers, and extending Roblox's work with schools and educators.
Higgins will partner with digital safety leaders around the world to identify technology and behavioural trends that can help Roblox further strengthen its platform. She will work to create a safe environment for building strong life skills while also ensuring a fun, productive experience for everyone. In addition, she will develop educational resources for players, parents, and caregivers to promote community safety and digital civility best practices.
"Because Roblox is rapidly growing into one of the most popular places for kids and teens to hang out and play online, we have a duty to make sure that when they use our platform they can explore their creativity freely and safely," commented Higgins. "We have an opportunity to engage with young people in a unique way, and I hope that by listening to them and giving them a voice, we can help shape their positive behaviours both online and offline. I am beyond delighted to be joining this world-class team of innovators, and I look forward to working with external partners around the world."
Latest News Posts
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- Kid Goku (GT) will be added to Dragon Ball FighterZ in May
- Overcooked 2 new season pass 'Campfire Cook Off' DLC out now
- Elmo fixes feud between Cersei and Tyrion in Game of Thrones
- Mortal Kombat 11 launch trailer is a high dose of nostalgia
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!