A HIPAA compliant and HITRUST certified health data store built on Amazon Web Services for health organizations of all sizes
BOSTON, Oct. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Orion Health today announced Amadeus CORE, the latest in its suite of data management, storage and sharing solutions to enable healthcare organizations to take a first step in their data journey towards harnessing the power of big data.
With vast amounts of data from multiple sources to contend with, healthcare organizations struggle to deal with the complicated and expensive technology options for storing large volumes of data securely.
A secure health data store, Amadeus CORE is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) to provide the scalability to support organizations of any size. With HIPAA compliance and HITRUST certification, Amadeus CORE provides a platform for data analytics, machine learning, value-based care and population health management.
Health data can be drawn upon for analysis allowing organizations the flexibility of leveraging the potential of big data now or in the future when the organization is ready to use machine learning models to gain insights and make predictions that could improve the lives of their patients.
"Amadeus CORE helps healthcare organizations prepare for the opportunities that lie ahead in data analytics," said Ian McCrae, Founder and CEO, Orion Health. "Healthcare organizations the world over struggle with disparate and siloed information but see the value of extracting insights from their data for better decision making and more efficient management and operation. Securely storing and enabling access to these vast volumes of health data is the first step in a data journey that healthcare organizations can take to share and unleash the potential of their data."
Preparation is the best medicine
Making the shift to big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence is something 42% of professionals believe will happen in the next three-to-five years but despite these expectations, many are struggling to come to grips with how to leverage big data and the AI capabilities that come with it, Deloitte's 2018 Global Human Capital Trends research recently found.
The analysis highlights a "readiness gap" where 72% see AI as important but only a third of those surveyed felt ready to address it. This is especially the case in healthcare where big data is something that's been spoken about for many years but the reality of the journey to achieving the benefits of what a connected data ecosystem offers has only been achieved by a few.
"Health determinants, in isolation, are interesting. In combination, they're powerful," McCrae said. "Storing and aggregating vast volumes of different data and surfacing it via data analytics and machine learning models brings healthcare organizations a step closer to realizing precision medicine, which is only possible when we have the complete picture of a person's health."
Amadeus CORE has been designed as a platform to handle vast volumes of data from multiple sources and enable machine learning. Its rapid data model development and secure deployment enables users to deliver robust cloud hosted solutions quickly.
- Enables an ecosystem of apps utilizing RESTful APIs on pre-configured and custom data models.
- Secure APIs enable developers to build innovative applications on top of the shared data. Amadeus CORE utilizes ANSI SQL interfaces to allow easy data access for analytics, machine learning and BI reporting use cases.
- Provides long-term secure cloud storage of health data. Amadeus CORE is a HIPAA compliant and HITRUST certified solution that enables healthcare organizations to comply with long-term data retention policies by providing a way to easily store any data in a secure, scalable and cost-effective AWS hosted environment.
- Historical information is available for re-use without the expense of retrieving the data a second time from the source. When data is no longer required, it is easily purged from the solution. Amadeus CORE also provides appropriate offsite storage for disaster recovery purposes.
- Out-of-the-box dashboards and reports provide useful insights such as traffic trends, message characteristics and flow patterns to improve operational efficiency.
- Aggregate and store patient data to enable the exchange of health information. Data is easily queryable via APIs and a BI interface to support a range of clinical applications.
- Provides a repository for new and non-traditional data types. Store any data, as is, in the Source Data Store with minimal pre-processing. Custom data modelling provides maximum flexibility for storing any and all types of data, including traditional and emerging data types.
- Enables a platform for data analytics, machine learning, value-based care and population health management. Original and modelled data is easily queried via the SQL interface to support deeper understanding of data assets.
For more information: Orion Health Amadeus CORE Datasheet
Latest News Posts
- PS5 controller may have touchscreen
- Bungie is satisfied with Destiny 2 even if Activision isn't
- Microsoft vows to fix Windows Store for better PC gaming
- GIVEAWAY: Two awesome Antec chassis prize packs up for grabs
- Everything you need for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch