Complete, standard-compliant solution combines rich feature set, maximum flexibility, and ease-of-use for operators and consumers
AMSTERDAM, September 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
Skyworth Digital Ltd, a leading provider of customer premises equipment for Telco and Cable operators, and SURE Universal Ltd, a pioneering IoT software developer, have announced a Smart Home IoT solution for Operators. The collaboration between the two companies transforms the standard Set-Top Box (STB) hardware into a comprehensive and innovative Smart Home solution, enabling operators to harness the global growth opportunities driven by 5G and IoT.
The solution leverages Android STB as a universal gateway for the Smart Home, and provides customers with the richest set of features available. It supports local control and monitoring of home appliances over Wi-Fi and Z-Wave wireless technologies, as well as direct control of legacy appliances with Infra-Red (IR) blaster. The IoT solution also enables true remote control from outside of the home. Google Home and Google Voice provide voice control.
Specifically designed for broadband operators, the solution offers a robust, standard-compliant platform that does not lock customers into a single hardware vendor for Smart Home devices. Both companies are members of the Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF) and SURE Universal software is OCF-certified.
"Skyworth Digital invests heavily in technology research and development and has a strong focus on innovation, including devices for the smart home leveraging all the products and services available from the Skyworth Group" said Charlie Zheng, VP of Marketing and Strategy at Skyworth Digital. "Through the collaboration with SURE Universal, Skyworth Digital is offering the first complete, standard-compliant Smart Home solution for operators," Charlie added.
"SURE Universal has developed the only OCF-certified software solution for Smart Home and IoT which allows all devices to be controlled from one integrated platform," said Viktor Ariel, CEO of Sure Universal. "We are honored to cooperate with Skyworth and turn their industry-leading Set Top Box into the heart of a state-of-the-art IoT solution for operators and consumers," he said.
The solution is being presented at IBC Hall 1, Booth D15.
Latest News Posts
- Half-Life, one of the best PC games ever, turns 20 today
- Warren Spector wants to make another Deus Ex game
- Fallout 76 players crash servers with nuclear chaos
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card