Micron Technology, Inc., (Nasdaq:MU) today announced the company has appointed Anand Jayapalan as vice president of the Storage Business Unit.
In this role, Jayapalan will have responsibility for leading and growing Micron's solid state storage business. This includes building world-class storage solutions to address the growing opportunity in large market segments like cloud, enterprise and client compute. He will report to Sumit Sadana, Micron's executive vice president and chief business officer.
Jayapalan has 20 years of experience in the semiconductor industry. Most recently, he served as vice president, enterprise and client compute solutions marketing at Western Digital. In his previous role, Jayapalan was vice president of enterprise SSD marketing at SanDisk, where he also led the incubation and growth of the company's hyperscale and cloud data center business segment.
"There are exciting changes afoot in the storage market as the benefits of flash memory solutions are realized by customers across the industry," said Sadana. "Anand will help us fully capitalize on this opportunity by leveraging our broad technology portfolio and driving partnerships with key customers to take our storage business to the next level."
Jayapalan holds a master's degree in electrical engineering from University of South Florida and a master's degree in business administration from Pepperdine University.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen Switch isn't happening, sources at Nintendo say
- Nintendo Switch firmware update brings system to 8.0.1
- Fan hurls dead crab at Super Smash Bros. Pro Player in match
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets final DLC 'The Path home'
- GIGABYTE's new AERO 15 Classic notebook is 0.74 inches thick
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)