Micron Technology, Inc., (Nasdaq:MU) today announced the company has appointed Anand Jayapalan as vice president of the Storage Business Unit.
In this role, Jayapalan will have responsibility for leading and growing Micron's solid state storage business. This includes building world-class storage solutions to address the growing opportunity in large market segments like cloud, enterprise and client compute. He will report to Sumit Sadana, Micron's executive vice president and chief business officer.
Jayapalan has 20 years of experience in the semiconductor industry. Most recently, he served as vice president, enterprise and client compute solutions marketing at Western Digital. In his previous role, Jayapalan was vice president of enterprise SSD marketing at SanDisk, where he also led the incubation and growth of the company's hyperscale and cloud data center business segment.
"There are exciting changes afoot in the storage market as the benefits of flash memory solutions are realized by customers across the industry," said Sadana. "Anand will help us fully capitalize on this opportunity by leveraging our broad technology portfolio and driving partnerships with key customers to take our storage business to the next level."
Jayapalan holds a master's degree in electrical engineering from University of South Florida and a master's degree in business administration from Pepperdine University.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit