Micron Technology, Inc., (Nasdaq:MU) today announced the company has appointed Anand Jayapalan as vice president of the Storage Business Unit.
In this role, Jayapalan will have responsibility for leading and growing Micron's solid state storage business. This includes building world-class storage solutions to address the growing opportunity in large market segments like cloud, enterprise and client compute. He will report to Sumit Sadana, Micron's executive vice president and chief business officer.
Jayapalan has 20 years of experience in the semiconductor industry. Most recently, he served as vice president, enterprise and client compute solutions marketing at Western Digital. In his previous role, Jayapalan was vice president of enterprise SSD marketing at SanDisk, where he also led the incubation and growth of the company's hyperscale and cloud data center business segment.
"There are exciting changes afoot in the storage market as the benefits of flash memory solutions are realized by customers across the industry," said Sadana. "Anand will help us fully capitalize on this opportunity by leveraging our broad technology portfolio and driving partnerships with key customers to take our storage business to the next level."
Jayapalan holds a master's degree in electrical engineering from University of South Florida and a master's degree in business administration from Pepperdine University.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM