Micron Technology, Inc., (Nasdaq:MU) today announced the company has appointed Anand Jayapalan as vice president of the Storage Business Unit.
In this role, Jayapalan will have responsibility for leading and growing Micron's solid state storage business. This includes building world-class storage solutions to address the growing opportunity in large market segments like cloud, enterprise and client compute. He will report to Sumit Sadana, Micron's executive vice president and chief business officer.
Jayapalan has 20 years of experience in the semiconductor industry. Most recently, he served as vice president, enterprise and client compute solutions marketing at Western Digital. In his previous role, Jayapalan was vice president of enterprise SSD marketing at SanDisk, where he also led the incubation and growth of the company's hyperscale and cloud data center business segment.
"There are exciting changes afoot in the storage market as the benefits of flash memory solutions are realized by customers across the industry," said Sadana. "Anand will help us fully capitalize on this opportunity by leveraging our broad technology portfolio and driving partnerships with key customers to take our storage business to the next level."
Jayapalan holds a master's degree in electrical engineering from University of South Florida and a master's degree in business administration from Pepperdine University.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower