Micron Technology, Inc., (Nasdaq:MU) today announced the company has appointed Anand Jayapalan as vice president of the Storage Business Unit.
In this role, Jayapalan will have responsibility for leading and growing Micron's solid state storage business. This includes building world-class storage solutions to address the growing opportunity in large market segments like cloud, enterprise and client compute. He will report to Sumit Sadana, Micron's executive vice president and chief business officer.
Jayapalan has 20 years of experience in the semiconductor industry. Most recently, he served as vice president, enterprise and client compute solutions marketing at Western Digital. In his previous role, Jayapalan was vice president of enterprise SSD marketing at SanDisk, where he also led the incubation and growth of the company's hyperscale and cloud data center business segment.
"There are exciting changes afoot in the storage market as the benefits of flash memory solutions are realized by customers across the industry," said Sadana. "Anand will help us fully capitalize on this opportunity by leveraging our broad technology portfolio and driving partnerships with key customers to take our storage business to the next level."
Jayapalan holds a master's degree in electrical engineering from University of South Florida and a master's degree in business administration from Pepperdine University.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and 2950X Review
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market