At Acer's next@acer global press conference in New York today, the company debuted its new Predator Helios 300 gaming notebook line. Available with 15.6-inch or 17.3-inch displays, its matte black chassis incorporates tasteful red accents, providing a slightly edgy, fun design. Shipping with Windows 10, it offers powerful features and technologies at mid-range price points, making gaming notebooks more accessible than ever.
New line offers strong performance at midrange prices, making powerful gaming notebooks more accessible than ever
- Available with 15.6-inch or 17.3-inch FHD IPS displays, the Predator Helios 300 line is powered by 7th Gen Intel Core i7 or i5 standard-voltage processors, overclockable NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or 1050Ti graphics, fast wireless connectivity and solid state drives
- Dual AeroBlade 3D fans keep gameplay nice and cool, while PredatorSense software makes GPU overclocking1 and system control easy
- Housed in a classic but tasteful gaming chassis with an iron red backlit keyboard, selected models include a metal top cover and keyboard area for added strength and rigidity
At the heart of the Predator Helios 300 is an overclockable1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or 1050Ti GPU combined with a 7th Gen Intel Core i7 (7700HQ) or i5 processor (7300HQ) for outstanding performance. All of this processing power is supported with up to 16GB of DDR4 memory (upgradable to 32GB), a speedy SATA SSD1 and a 1TB HDD1. An access compartment doors on the bottom of the notebooks makes it easy to upgrade memory and storage components.
The Predator Helios 300 also includes a USB 3.1 Type-C port, a USB 3.0 port (featuring power-off USB charging), two USB 2.0 ports, and an HDMI 2.0 connection. It connects wirelessly through fast 2x2 802.11ac technology, and also includes a Gigabit Ethernet port for those preferring a hard-wired connection.
Designed as an entertainment hub, Predator Helios 300 notebook line is ideally suited for both gaming and movie watching. Bright 15.6-inch or 17.3-inch FHD IPS displays provide vibrant, vivid imagery, while Dolby Audio Premium and Acer TrueHarmony deliver immersive audio with crisp, rich acoustics. Skype for Business Certification ensures conversations are clear and lag-free while providing a great Cortana with Voice experience.
For smooth game play, a dual fan system featuring an AeroBlade 3D Fan2 with ultra-thin metal blades keeps the notebook running at optimal temperatures. Preloaded PredatorSense software provides real-time system information and overclocking, so gamers can monitor and control the system's vitals from one central interface.
Price and Availability
The Predator Helios 300 gaming notebooks with a 15.6-inch display will be available in North America in July starting at $1,299; in EMEA in August starting at 1,199 Euros; and in China in June starting at 9,999 Yen.
The Predator Helios 300 gaming notebooks with a 17.3-inch display will be available in North America in July starting at $1,399; in EMEA in August starting at 1,199 Euros; and in China in July starting at 9,999 Yen.
Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To learn more about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office via https://www.acer.com.
The new Predator Helios 300 was unveiled today at the next@acer press event held in New York, where the company announced a range of new devices and solutions for gamers, creators, families, students and professionals. For more information, visit https://www.acer.com/nextatacer.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Remedy's Northlight engine being optimized for multiplayer
- Remedy making new game outside of P7
- Arc System Works and SWERY announce new title 'The Missing'
- Monster Hunter: World updated for Xbox One, patch 1.06
- Everything you need for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit