Lian-Li Industrial Co. Ltd announces the Ebonsteel Series - a new line of steel cases to offer customers affordable new options with exceptional value. Three new chassis comprise this all-new case line: the PC-K5, PC-K6, and PC-K6S. All three mid-tower cases are good choices for gamers on a budget; they offer competitive air and water cooling support, full ATX builds, and convenient building features.
Lian Li has been known for its signature brushed aluminum aesthetic for decades. For many years, a number of customers have requested more affordable alternatives. The Ebonsteel series is intended to provide this option for those who seek the best value in PC cases. While these chassis are built with steel rather than aluminum, they are still very much Lian Li cases - tool-less building features, grommeted panel cutouts for cable management, vibration-dampened PSU mounts and drive cages, removable mesh filters on fan mounts - they include many of the bells and whistles of a typical Lian Li case!
Product Features of the Ebonsteel cases:
- Three new steel mid-tower cases: The PC-K5, PC-K6, and PC-K6S
- All support 120mmx240mmx60mm(K5) or 140x280mmx60mm(K6, K6S) radiators
- Full ATX and mATX motherboards, seven expansion slots each
- All include three 120mm fans
- PC-K5: 250mm VGA cards (400mm without drive cages), 250mm PSUs, and 160mm CPU coolers
- PC-K5: up to four 3.5" or 2.5" drives
- PC-K6 and PC-K6S: 310mm VGA cards, 310mm PSUs, 170mm CPU coolers
- PC-K6 and PC-K6S: up to seven 3.5" or 2.5" drives
- USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HD audio inputs on each case
- Noise-isolated foam panels on the PC-K6S "silent" model
The Versatile, Cost-Effective PC-K5
The PC-K5 is the first of the new Ebonsteel cases. It's a mid-tower chassis for ATX or mATX motherboards, including two removable drive cages storing a total of four 3.5" or four 2.5" drives. With seven expansion slots, builders can install VGA cards up to 250mm long with the cages installed, or remove one or both cages to install cards as long as 400mm. It accommodates 250mm ATX PSUs and CPU coolers up to 160mm tall.
The PC-K5 uses two 120mm intake fans on the front panel and vents through a final 120mm fan in the back. Water cooling enthusiasts can mount a 120mmx240mmx60mm radiator on the top fan mounts, or simply add two additional 120mm fans. The front panel has two 5.25" bays and the top panel includes one USB 3.0, two USB 2.0, and HD audio inputs.
The Minimalistic PC-K6 Makes Tidy Building Easy
Like the PC-K5, the PC-K6 is also a mid-tower chassis for ATX or mATX motherboards. It can mount a total of seven 3.5" or 2.5" drives, which face the panel opposite the motherboard. Similar to the new J-series cases, the drives and PSU are covered with steel panels, streamlining the compartment and keeping the motherboard tray and expansion cards in the spotlight.
It can mount VGA cards up to 310mm long, PSUs 310mm long, and CPU coolers 170mm tall. Two 120mm intake fans draw air through the chassis and vent out an additional 120mm fan in the back. Builders can elect to instead install 140mm intake fans and add two additional 120mm or 140mm fans on the top panel. For those who insist on water cooling, the PC-K6 can mount a 120mmx240mmx60mm or 140mmx280mmx60mm radiator. The front panel has two 5.25" bays and the top panel includes two USB 3.0, one USB 2.0, and HD audio inputs.
Silence, Now Available in Steel - The PC-K6S
The "silent" model of the PC-K6 is virtually identical to the standard version, but with a few extra features. The PC-K6S uses sound-dampening foam inserts in the panels to isolate fan noise inside the chassis, mitigating its overall noise. The front panel on this version is hinged to swing open for easier access to the 5.25" bays and 120mm intake fans. It includes an extra USB 2.0 port, totaling two USB 3.0, two USB 2.0, and HD audio ports protected by a sliding metal cover.
Price and Availability
The Ebonsteel cases will be available in mid June for the K5, and late June for the K6 and K6S.
The all-black PC-K5X for $56 and windowed PC-K5WX for $60.
The all-black PC-K6X for $93 and the all-black silent PC-K6SX for $109.
Find out more here:
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to keep using lootboxes to drive engagement
- Intel CEO resigns, CFO steps up to the 10nm plate
- Playdead brings LIMBO and INSIDE to Nintendo Switch
- Sony doesn't need to enable cross-play, why risk 1st place?
- Unity's amazing Book of the Dead tech demo launched
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit