According to the Icecat figures, global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 measured in product data-sheet downloads by ecommerce users. Icecat Top 1000 brands headed by HP, Lenovo and Philips. All-In-One PCs show explosive growth with data-sheet downloads. DELL and Apple do very well in the e-channel and office supplies brands like Rexel and Esselte are growing the fastest. Office, Beauty & Toys are trending categories.
E-channel expands by 23% globally
The global e-channel continues to develop very fast in Q1-2016 compared to the same period one year earlier: by 23% in terms of connected channel partners. In Q1-2016, Icecat facilitated a 1.2 billion product data-sheet downloads for products from 13 thousand different brands and 2,948 different categories.
A data-sheet contains product specifications as standardized by Icecat, and rich media if permitted by the respective brand. The number of monitored brands increased by 22% and the number of supported categories grew by 33%.
"Icecat's Top 1000 Brands & Categories increasingly includes brands and categories from sectors like DIY, Toys, FMCG, Fashion, and Health & Beauty", according to CEO Martijn Hoogeveen. "Etailers want all their portfolio to be described and we seek to do just that."
54% of the Icecat data-sheet downloads are real-time (live) by end-users; 46% have a mass download (data) character through mainly xml.
High correlation between Icecat downloads and PC shipments (IDC)
Comparing annualized trend figures in global PC shipments (IDC Q1-2016) and Icecat data-sheet downloads for tracked PC brands, we see a very high (83%) correlation, which implies a linear relation between both downloads and shipments. This is not strange, as Icecat downloads are also related to online product popularity, catalog size and the number of product introductions, and the PC industry is completely ecommerce enabled. This further validates the use of Icecat downloads as a measure or predictor of shipment or business revenue trends.
High correlation between global annualized trends in PC shipments and Icecat downloads for Q1-2016.
DELL and Apple do very well in the e-channel
The Icecat Top 1000 Brands is headed by HP, Lenovo and Philips. At the top of the list, most progress is made by DELL (+58%), Apple (+51%) and ASUS (+33%).
Office Supplies brands Rexel and Esselte are growing the fastest
The fastest developing E-channel brands in Q1-2016 are office supplies brands Rexel and Esselte and Lowepro (cases). The most famous fast-growth brand is Disney, because of licensing deals for items such as mobile phone cases.
Note: in the above Fast-Growth Brands overview, we ignored brands with less than 100,000 data-sheet downloads in Q1-2015.
All-In-One PCs show explosive growth
The Icecat Top 1000 Categories is headed by Notebooks, PCs/Workstations and Warranties. The most notable growth is that of All-In-One PCs and All-In-One Workstations.
Office, Beauty & Toys trending categories
The Fast-Growth Categories in Icecat in Q1-2016, are led by magnetic boards and staplers (office supplies), eyelash mascaras (health & beauty) and board games (toys). These categories are exemplifying significant trends in the ecommerce world.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- Devil May Cry 5 has optional microtransactions
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games