This weekend saw the inaugural Call of Duty World League 'Challenge Division' live event 'EGL Open' take place, hosted at the Truman Brewery in London. With a total prize pool of $25,000 and World League points up for grabs, 32 teams competed to be crowned champions.
Split over two days on Saturday March 5th and Sunday March 6th, all of the teams took part in a knock-out structure, to secure a place in Sunday's epic final.
Played as part of the best of five games, it was Epsilon eSports and Team Infused who battled it out on Sunday evening for the chance to be crowned champions along with $10,000 in prize money. Based on previous form and their current league standing, it was Team Infused who entered the final as favourites, yet it was Epsilon eSports who got off to a flying start, winning the first two matches to take a commanding early lead.
However, showing their experience and steady nerves, Team Infused fought back to take a clean sweep of the next three games, in what was an incredibly close and highly competitive final.
Managing Director for @Team_Infused, Andrew Christoforou said, "Winning the EGL Open was a fantastic achievement for the players and meant a lot to the whole organisation. I'd like to thank EGL and Activision for putting on a well-scheduled and professional event. I know our players enjoyed the event, but they are straight back to work as they prepare for this week's COD World League matches and then the Stage 1 Finals at the end of the month."
For further information on the Call of Duty World League, check out: https://www.callofduty.com/esports/schedule
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 screenshots & Rookie mode
- Vivo's next smartphone could feature a huge 10GB of RAM
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit