Eurocom is launching the Sky X9E Extreme Edition unlocked, high performance "desktop Laptop" with Intel Core i7-6700K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, 64 GB DDR4 memory and a beautiful 4K 17.3" display. Eurocom customers now have an ultra-high performance, fully upgradeable mobile platform that they have utmost freedom to control and to push it to the limits.
Equipped with the most powerful components ever assembled in a laptop form factor and now with the unlocked capability to push the performance to otherworldly levels. Eurocom provides an unlocked BIOS along with an Overclocking Seminar with overclocking expert Mr. Fox so users have a quick rundown on how to best push their new EUROCOM Sky X9E to the limits as well as setting limitations and safe guards for safe operation.
"Eurocom is all about freedom, freedom to choose the components of your upgradeable, custom built laptop and now users have the freedom to control the performance with an unlocked, Intel Core i7 6700K and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 equipped EUROCOM Sky X9E Desktop Laptop." Eurocom President Mark Bialic.
The EUROCOM Sky X9E is Virtual-reality ready, the beefy hardware of the Sky X9E blows away the minimum specs you will need to run the incredibly immersive experience and 360 degrees games and videos with an Oculus Rift of HTC Vive.
The EUROCOM Sky X9E is the unlocked edition of the X9 chassis and supports the latest, BIOS unlocked 6th generation Intel Core i7 processors up to 6700K due to the desktop Z170 chipset and LGA 1151 CPU socket. Four SO-DIMM are supported for up to 64 GB DDR4 2400 and 2133 memory to pair with a high performance, unlocked desktop i7 processor.
The EUROCOM Sky X9E is the most powerful laptop ever made. It is a completely user-upgradeable, fully customizable and extremely flexible, allowing the Sky X9E to be configured with a variety of options including NVIDIA GeForce graphics and high performance desktop socket processors. The EUROCOM Sky X9E has mission critical reliability and super computer performance with quality to last and upgradeability to improve capability along the way.
To display the exquisite graphics supported in the Sky X9E we fitted it with a high pixel density 4K Ultra HD matte IPS display with a whopping 8,294,400 pixels.
The EUROCOM Sky X9E M.2 PCIeX4 SSD storage allows enthusiast users to super-charge productivity and creativity of workflows. The Sky X9E utilizes the new NVMe protocol, designed from the ground up to take advantage of pipeline-rich, random access based storage.
"This machine (EUROCOM Sky X9E) is by no means the first example of an extreme performance notebook capable of insane overclocking, but I think it might be the best quad-core beast for the job" said Mr Fox.
EUROCOM Sky X9E is powered by desktop NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 graphics, a fully unlocked GM204 core with 2048 CUDA cores. 8 GB memory with 7 Gbps memory clock and GDDR5 memory interface is supported. The EUROCOM Sky X9E is the first laptop with upgradeable desktop graphics supported inside, another amazing innovation from Eurocom. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 is overclock-able for maximum control and performance. There are two MXM slots to allow the EUROCOM Sky X9E to support dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M cards in SLI or one NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980.
Not only does the EUROCOM Sky X9E have upgradeable NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 graphics, it also has socket based desktop Intel Skylake processors. The EUROCOM Sky X9E utilizes an Intel Z170 Chipset, socket LGA 1151 for support up to Intel Core i7-6700K processors. The Intel Core i7-6700K has 4 cores and 8 threads running at 4GHz, with turbo boost up to 4.2 GHz utilizing 14nm technology. The Intel Core i7-6700K is overclock-able for maximum control and performance.
The EUROCOM Sky X9E is full upgradeable and customizable, customers can choose between a variety of components.
Processor / CPU Options
- 4GHz (up to 4.2GHz) Intel Core i7-6700K; 4C/8T; 8MB L3; Skylake-S; 14nm; LGA1151; 91W
- 3.5GHz (up to 3.9GHz) Intel Core i5-6600K; 4C/4T; 6MB L3; Skylake-S; 14nm; LGA1151; 91W
- 3.4GHz (up to 4GHz) Intel Core i7-6700; 4C/8T; 8MB L3; Skylake-S; 14nm; LGA1151; 65W
Memory (RAM) Configuration - Fully Upgradeable
- 16GB; 2x 8GB; DDR4; 2400Hz; CL14; 260-pin; 1.2V; Kingston HyperX Impact; 2 SODIMMs
- 24GB; 3x 8GB; DDR4; 2400Hz; CL14; 260-pin;1.2V; Kingston HyperX Impact; 3 SODIMMs
- 32GB; 4x 8GB; DDR4; PC4-2133; CL15; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 4 SODIMMs
- 32GB; 4x 8GB; DDR4; 2400Hz; CL14; 260-pin;1.2V; Kingston HyperX Impact; 4 SODIMMs
- 48GB; 3x 16GB; DDR4; PC4-2133; CL15; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 3 SODIMMs
- 64GB; 4x 16GB; DDR4; PC4-2133; CL15; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 4 SODIMMs
VGA / GPU Graphics Options
- 8GB GDDR5; NVIDIA GTX 980 (desktop) (N16E-GXX); MXM 3.0 107.6x115mm; 200W
- SLI 2x 8GB GDDR5; NVIDIA GTX 980M (N16E-GX); 1536 CUDA; GPU/VRAM Clock 1038MHz/2500MHz; Maxwell (28nm); MXM 3.0b; 2x 103W
LCD Display Options
- 17.3-inch (43.9cm); FHD IPS 1920x1080; MATTE (Non-Glare); 300nts; 700:1; 72% NTSC; eDP 30pin;LP173WF4 SPD1
- 17.3-inch (43.9cm); 4K UHD 3840x2160; MATTE IPS; eDP; 1000:1; Adobe RBG 100%; 400nts; AUO B173ZAN01.0
EUROCOM Sky X9E Specifications:
- Display: Choice of FHD 1920-by-1080 or 4K 3840-by-2160 pixels; 17.3-inch (43.94mm); LCD Display
- Chipset: Intel Z170 Express (Skylake)
- Processor: Skylake, LGA1151, up to Intel i7-6700K, fully unlocked
- Memory: up to 64GB; DDR4-2133/2400; 4 SO-DIMM sockets
- VGA Technology: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (N16E-GXX); or 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
- Storage: up to 4 drives; 2x HDD/SSD (SATA3) + 2x M.2 PCIe x4/SATA RAID 0/1/5/10
- Communications: two 1Gb LAN RJ-45 ports Killer E2400 + M.2 WLAN/Bluetooth
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows: 10, 8.1 and 7
- Card Reader: 6-in-1 MMC/RSMMC/SD/miniSD/SDHC/SDXC up to UHS-II
- Keyboard: Illuminated, backlit with customizable 7-colours
- Security: TPM 2.0, Fingerprint and Kensington Lock
- Audio System: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3; external 7.1CH audio output; headphone out, microphone in, S/PDIF and Line-in port; two built-in ONKYO Speakers (2.2W)+ Subwoofer (2.5W)
- Ports: 1x USB 3.1 / Thunderbolt 3; 2x miniDP 1.2; 1x HDMI 2.0; 3x USB 3.0 (1x Powered USB AC/DC); S/PDIF; Headphone; Mic; Line-in; 2x RJ45 (LAN)
- Weight and dimensions: 4.8kg; WxDxH 428x308x45mm
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to keep using lootboxes to drive engagement
- Intel CEO resigns, CFO steps up to the 10nm plate
- Playdead brings LIMBO and INSIDE to Nintendo Switch
- Sony doesn't need to enable cross-play, why risk 1st place?
- Unity's amazing Book of the Dead tech demo launched
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit