Samsung Electronics, Co. Ltd., the world leader in advanced memory technology, announced today that HP has selected its AutoCache host-based caching software to be made available to end users as an add-on to HP's Generation 9 server family. The Samsung AutoCache software will be listed as an option for the following HP server models: the DL360, DL380, DL560, DL580 and ML 580.
The Samsung AutoCache complete caching solution can be used by HP's customers to accelerate application performance and improve overall storage efficiency in the latest HP Gen 9 servers. AutoCache supports both physical and virtual servers and is one of the first caching solutions that implements VMware vSphere APIs for IO Filtering to fully support write-back caching in virtualized environments. AutoCache ensures that frequently requested data is cached and serviced by solid state drives (SSDs) rather than slower back-end storage and rotating media, eliminating storage performance bottlenecks while speeding up application response time.
AutoCache can be used to accelerate a variety of workloads and databases including Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), real-time big data analytics, data warehousing, business intelligence applications, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), public and private cloud environments, and general virtualized workloads.
"We're delighted that HP realizes the immediate value that our AutoCache software can bring to its customers, with significant performance enhancements in today's most critical virtualized data center applications," said Jung-Bae Lee, senior vice president of Memory Product Planning, Samsung Electronics.
Samsung AutoCache supports read, write-around and write-back caching. It enables a disk I/O performance increase in each VM of up to 400 percent by removing common I/O bottlenecks in virtual environments associated with multiple virtual machines accessing storage resources. AutoCache also reduces overall storage and infrastructure costs in virtualized data centers by providing vertical integration from storage device to host. It is transparent to existing deployments, enabling smooth system integration, without disrupting data center operations.
AutoCache is being targeted at the enterprise, as well as small and medium sized data centers around the world. It is available through HP beginning this month. For immediate ordering, please go to: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/server-software/product-detail.html?oid=1008557096.
For more information about Samsung AutoCache caching solutions, visit http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/support/tools-utilities/AutoCache/
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit