Samsung Electronics, Co. Ltd., the world leader in advanced memory technology, announced today that HP has selected its AutoCache host-based caching software to be made available to end users as an add-on to HP's Generation 9 server family. The Samsung AutoCache software will be listed as an option for the following HP server models: the DL360, DL380, DL560, DL580 and ML 580.
The Samsung AutoCache complete caching solution can be used by HP's customers to accelerate application performance and improve overall storage efficiency in the latest HP Gen 9 servers. AutoCache supports both physical and virtual servers and is one of the first caching solutions that implements VMware vSphere APIs for IO Filtering to fully support write-back caching in virtualized environments. AutoCache ensures that frequently requested data is cached and serviced by solid state drives (SSDs) rather than slower back-end storage and rotating media, eliminating storage performance bottlenecks while speeding up application response time.
AutoCache can be used to accelerate a variety of workloads and databases including Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), real-time big data analytics, data warehousing, business intelligence applications, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), public and private cloud environments, and general virtualized workloads.
"We're delighted that HP realizes the immediate value that our AutoCache software can bring to its customers, with significant performance enhancements in today's most critical virtualized data center applications," said Jung-Bae Lee, senior vice president of Memory Product Planning, Samsung Electronics.
Samsung AutoCache supports read, write-around and write-back caching. It enables a disk I/O performance increase in each VM of up to 400 percent by removing common I/O bottlenecks in virtual environments associated with multiple virtual machines accessing storage resources. AutoCache also reduces overall storage and infrastructure costs in virtualized data centers by providing vertical integration from storage device to host. It is transparent to existing deployments, enabling smooth system integration, without disrupting data center operations.
AutoCache is being targeted at the enterprise, as well as small and medium sized data centers around the world. It is available through HP beginning this month. For immediate ordering, please go to: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/server-software/product-detail.html?oid=1008557096.
For more information about Samsung AutoCache caching solutions, visit http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/support/tools-utilities/AutoCache/
Latest News Posts
- Capcom drop StreetFighter V trial on Mortal Kombat 11 debut
- Avengers meet Fortnite in upcoming collaboration on April 25
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC leaked: Joker, Terminator, Spawn & more
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- SportDOG Brand YardTrainer 100 is the Affordable Tool for Basic Obedience Training
- Smartphones Could Cost You 40% More if You Don't Compare Prices
- LG SIGNATURE Presents Exquisite Art Installation At Milan Design Week 2019
- Purchasing Greeting Cards Just Got A Whole Lot Easier With The Card Isle Print-at-Home Platform
- TCL Communication launches its first Alcatel-branded smartphone on Verizon Wireless with the introduction of the Alcatel AVALON V