Gaming's biggest speedrunning marathon celebrated its 10th anniversary this year and pulled in over $3 million for cancer research.
Every year the world's best speed runners come together to break games right before our eyes. Awesome Games Done Quick is an annual spectacle of prowess, skill, and determination, a kind of Olympics for video game speed runs that raises millions for charity in the process. This year was no different, and AGDQ generated over $3.13 million in 24 hours for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.
To date, Awesome Games Done Quick has raised over $25 million for multiple charities including the Prevent Cancer Foundation, Doctors Without Borders, AbleGamers, and Organization for Autism Research.
Highlights of AGDQ2020 include:
- Beating GTA San Andreas in 4 hours
- Beating Fallout Anthology in 2 hours
- Smashing through The Outer Worlds in 14 minutes
- Tackling Link's Awakening in 1 hour
- Beating Metroid in 16 minutes
Last updated: Jan 13, 2020 at 06:11 am CST
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Humble Bundle will give you great games all December for just $1 a day
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to sell 6-8 million in 2020, analyst says
- > NEXT STORY: Rumor: Next Star Wars game will spark new pre-Skywalker saga
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Next Assassin's Creed isn't called Ragnarok, most leaked info is wrong