AMD only just unleashed their crazy awesome new Ryzen Threadripper 3970X processor (our review here) and it has already been used to break a bunch of world records.
AMD's new Ryzen Threadripper 3970X is a 32C/64T processor based on the new Zen 2 architecture, and while it has clock speeds of up to 4.5GHz at 280W -- these things are meant to be really pushed, at least for overclockers. A bunch of world records and global ranks have been smashed on HWBot, with the new Ryzen Threadripper 3970X hitting an insane 5.72GHz across all 32 cores.
The huge overclocking feat for the new Ryzen Threadripper 3970X was done on an MSI TRX40 Creator motherboard with 1.1V of power, LN2 cooling, and the talent of overclocker TSAIK in Taiwan. But that wasn't the only HWBot world record broken, as there is a list of new records thanks to AMD's new Ryzen Threadripper 3970X processor:
- WPRIME - 1024M - 14sec 154ms @ 5559MHz (By Overclocker RSANNINO of Italy)
- Cinebench R11.5 - MT - 110.28 Points @ 5450MHz (By Overclocker LUCKY_NOOB of Indonesia)
- GPUPI - 1B - 31sec 67ms @ 5625.5MHz (By Overclocker SAFEDISK of South Korea)
- Cinebench R20 - MT - 23081 Points @ 5375MHz (By Overclocker ALEX@RO of Romania)
- Cinebench R15 - MT - 10672 Points @ 5525MHz (By Overclocker SAFEDISK of South Korea)
- Cinebench R15 - Extreme - 2362 Points @ 4468MHz (By Overclocker KEEPH8N of USA)
- Cinebench R11.5 - MT - 81.04 Points @ 5199MHz (By Overclocker KEEPH8N of USA)
- Geekbench 3 - Multi-Core - 185114 Points @ 5525MHz (By Overclocker SAFEDISK of South Korea)
- > NEXT STORY: Halo: Reach will have 6.2 million maps on launch day
- < PREVIOUS STORY: NVIDIA G-Sync monitors to improve PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett