Back in September, Nintendo finally stepped into the mobile with an extremely strong IP, Mario Kart Tour.
Players started their engines on the 25th of September, and in just one day the app got 20 million downloads. Now some new statistics have been released by Sensor Tower who has revealed that just in September the app was downloaded 86.2 million times. Following the September release, Mario Kart Tour slowed down a bit in October, but still managed to pull in a further 40.3 million unique installs.
In comparison to Mario Kart Tour, Activision's Call of Duty: Mobile pulled in 148 million downloads in October. How much revenue was made off these installs? Mario Kart Tour managed to rake in $32 million in October, while Call of Duty: Mobile pulled ahead with $54 million. Mario Kart Tour currently doesn't have multiplayer support, so these numbers are sure to increase once Nintendo updates the game with that.
Last updated: Nov 18, 2019 at 06:11 am CST
- Super Mario Legos let you create your own interactive game stages
- Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, and new Paper Mario coming to Switch
- Pokemon Sword and Shield sold 16 million copies in one month
- Nintendo first-party games make up 75% of all Switch game sales
- Switch hits 15 million sales in North America, or 40% of global sales
- > NEXT STORY: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate wins 'Nintendo Game of The Year'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Rick and Morty Season 4 Episode 2 preview released 'Rick's Intern'