A brand new opening cinematic has been released for Bandai Namco's upcoming vampire slaying title CODE VEIN. Prepare for gruesome yet awesome anime cutscenes.
The above trailer introduces us to some of the characters; Mia, Louis, Yokumo are spotted - as well as some others. We also see that each of the characters are equipped with their own weapon on choice as well as some sweet abilities to go alongside them. The trailer is quite bloodpacked, making the slaying of each of the vampires just that much better to watch.
The trailer was animated by Ufotable, who is the studio behind many other Bandai Namco game cutscenes such as Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Zesteria. If you aren't aware of what CODE VEIN actually is, the title is a "story driven connected dungeon experience" that players will take on "quests with your friends in online co-op". CODE VEIN arrives on PC, Xbox One and PS4 on September 27th.
Official game description:
"The world as we know it is gone. At the center of the destruction lies a hidden society of Revenants called Vein. Those who remain fight for survival by acquiring Gifts of power in exchange for their memories, and an ever-increasing thirst for blood. Give into the bloodlust fully and risk becoming one of the Lost; fiendish ghouls devoid of any remaining humanity who wander aimlessly in search of blood. Team up and embark on a journey to the ends of hell to unlock your past and escape your living nightmare in CODE VEIN."
- A story driven connected dungeon experience.
- Team up with a cast of AI characters, each with a unique plot and fighting style.
- Take on quests with your friends in online co-op
- Customize your character, from appearance to playstyle, to fit the way you want to play.
- Choose from dozens of unique "Gifts" that can increase your strength, weaken enemies, or cast powerful attacks.
- Become a master of combat: dodge, parry, and unleash combo attacks your foes.
- Take on challenging bosses with a myriad of combat options.
- Switch your build at any time. Choose from numerous Blood Codes and expand your techniques.
- Challenging gameplay that will test your abilities as you face hordes of the Lost.
- >> NEXT STORY: New Borderlands 3 footage shows Apex Legends pinging system
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Pixel 4 XL turns up with new renders, no massive notch