A few months ago I wrote a story about ray tracing-style effects through the use of path tracing in Minecraft with incredible results, but I feel like the game has taken another gigantic leap in the graphics department with a new video below combining the Stratum 2048x2048 textures, 'ray tracing' at 4K, realistic graphics mods and oh-so-much more. Check it out:
Modder 'Hodi' has a Patreon page where he concentrates on making textures only, and to goo effect - I mean, that video above sells the entire thing easily, right?! Powered with an Intel Core i7-6700K, 16GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti we have the results above, a glorious-looking Minecraft that seems out-of-this-world good.
Hodi used the following mods, textures, and tweaks:
- Minecraft 2019 - Stratum 2048x POM/PBR | Continuum Shader - Ultra Realistic Graphics - Ray Tracing - 4K
- tratum 2048x POM/PBR
- minecraft realistic graphics
- minecraft photorealistic textures
- minecraft raytracing
- minecraft ray tracing
- minecraft Continuum Shader
- minecraft 2019
- minecraft ultra textures
- minecraft ultra graphics
- minecraft texture download
- minecraft resource pack
Another video I found on my hunt for the Stratum 2K Photorealism + Continuum 2.0.2 mods for Minecraft led me to the above video by 'Ultimate Immersion' and it looks f***ing wild. I mean, seriously - this is just Minecraft with mods and it looks absolutely mind blowing -- especially when you consider how barebones basic Minecraft actually is in the graphics department.
- > NEXT STORY: SuperData: PUBG 'continues to sell millions of units'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Cyberpunk 2077 might get multiplayer post-launch