AMD has released new Radeon drivers that are optimized for new games like Monster Hunter World, We Happy View, Madden NFL 19, and World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth. You can download them right here.
The new Radeon Adrenalin 18.8.1 drivers offer up to 5% more performance on the Radeon RX Vega 64 for Monster Hunter World, and for Radeon RX 580 owners you can expect up to 6% additional performance. There are some bug fixes included with Fortnite crashing upon launch in Windows 7 solved, as well as some issues with multi-GPU systems crashing when changing resolutions in-game fixed.
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Release Notes
- Monster Hunterâ"¢: World
- Up toto 5% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 on the Radeonâ"¢ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 at 1920Ã-1080 (1080p)1
- Up to 6% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 on the Radeonâ"¢ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 at 1920Ã-1080 (1080p)2
- World of Warcraftâ"¢: Battle for Azeroth
- We Happy Fewâ"¢
- Madden NFL 19â"¢
- Fortniteâ"¢ may experience an application crash on game launch in WindowsÂ®7.
- Some games may experience a game crash or hang on multi GPU system configurations when changing or applying resolutions.
- Graphics and memory clock speeds may remain elevated or locked while gaming if video content is also playing on the system.
- CivilizationÂ® VI may experience a game crash using DirectXÂ®12 API on game or map launch.
- Samsungâ"¢ HMD Odyssey may experience intermittent black screens or flashing on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Cursor or system lag may be observed on some system configurations when two or more displays are connected and one display is powered off.
- Some games may experience instability or stutter when playing with FRTC and Instant Replay enabled.
- Toggling performance metrics while gaming on a non-native display resolution may cause the game to scale incorrectly.
- Radeon WattMan memory and frequency sliders may not list correct minimum values.
- Upgrade Advisor may fail to show up in Radeon Settings.
- Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable when playing Monster Hunterâ"¢: World.
- Video profiles may not correctly apply on web browser video content.
- > NEXT STORY: New Spyro Reignited Trilogy screenshots reveal Spyro 3
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 beta has modest PC requirements